Setting Up Harmoney 1000 with cheap ebay screen?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Jer1974, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Jer1974

Jer1974
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I bought one of these screens of ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320115736145 but am having a real problem setting up my Harmoney 1000 with it. I set up a new "domestic appliance" and let the control learn the commands up, down and stop. It works but only works some of the time. Are these screens in the database? What do you think i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Jeremy

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    the IR may be in the database try looking for make "somfy" does help fix the issue?

3. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    These screens are in the database...I have one myself and it works fine with my Harmony.

One thing I had to do with mine though...

Re-learn the up and down commands in RAW (select "Custom" on the learning page).

When you teach it, hold the applicable button on the factory remote down for 1 to 1.5 seconds.

If it isn't already done, go to Power Settings for the screen device and change it to "A button for ON and a different button for OFF". Set the ON command to "ScreenDown" and the OFF command to "ScreenUp".

Then just add the screen device to the activities and it will come down when you select an activity, and go up when you press "Off".