setting up dmz

sheephorse

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys

im on sky unlimited broadband which is wired to my ps3, im trying to put it into dmz so that i get a nat 1, i go into ps3 network manual settings and change my ip address to 192.168.0.101 subnet mask 255.255.255 but im not sure about what to put in default gateway, primary dns and secondary dns, also on the sagem router i have put 192.168.0.101 and enabled dmz, but do i have to disable the router firewall?

please can someone help

many thanks

The gateway on the PS3 should be the IP of your router, you should be able to automatically detect the DNS settings (perhaps) so it does that automatically.

Most gateways always end in 1, but the previous poster is right, the Default Gateway for your PS3 should be 192.168.0.1 (assuming thats your Routers IP), subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and no DO NOT disable the routers firewall.

By putting the PS3 in the DMZ it is not subject to the Firewall Rules within the Router.

hey guys

im on sky unlimited broadband which is wired to my ps3, im trying to put it into dmz so that i get a nat 1, i go into ps3 network manual settings and change my ip address to 192.168.0.101 subnet mask 255.255.255 but im not sure about what to put in default gateway, primary dns and secondary dns, also on the sagem router i have put 192.168.0.101 and enabled dmz, but do i have to disable the router firewall?

please can someone help

many thanks

I also have a PS3 wired (via homeplugs) to my sky router. Can someone explain what putting it into the dmz means
Thanks

S

I also have a PS3 wired (via homeplugs) to my sky router. Can someone explain what putting it into the dmz means
Thanks

S

DMZ is Demilitarized Zone, basically your router adds a layer of protection and this often makes playing games etc not possible unless you either:
A) Forward the correct ports
B) Use DMZ

It is always recommended to forward the ports if you can but running in the DMZ will allow the computer set to be there to do anything, basically it will be put outside the layer of protection - thus being able to send and receive on any port it wants.

DMZ is Demilitarized Zone, basically your router adds a layer of protection and this often makes playing games etc not possible unless you either:
A) Forward the correct ports
B) Use DMZ

It is always recommended to forward the ports if you can but running in the DMZ will allow the computer set to be there to do anything, basically it will be put outside the layer of protection - thus being able to send and receive on any port it wants.

Thanks v much

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom