Question Setting up Behringer NX6000 with Dayton Ultimax 18s

grahamricho

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just finishing my room.

I have built 2 x Dayton Ultimax 18s in 2 sealed 1 inch MDF boxes with a double baffle on each box.

Ive ordered a Berhinger NX6000 to power them both, I will be using my Minidsp in front of the NX6000 to set them up, hence not buying the DSP version of the iNuke.

Not sure what setting are on the iNuke, or what settings i need to adjust before giving them a blast? I dont want to fry them both!

The sealed boxes are around 7 cubic feet each internally?

I will be using them with my DIYSG HTM 12 up front and Volt 8 surround and atmos x 8 at the rear.

Just waiting the delivery of the iNuke, tomorrow hopefully!

I will be using Audessey on my Marantz 8805 to set all the other speakers.

Would love a talk through on which to set up first etc ?
thanks

I have the same amp and an ultimax in a Johnny box. Ive looked for settings and found some files you can download and upload into your 6000. They are a starting point and you'll need to tweak them to suit your needs. I found it easiest to confugure my amp via a laptop and free app called Nx connect. I'll fish out the link and post them. To configure them properly I think you need a umik microphone and REW software.

Given that there is no DSP to configure I think you may just have to do any gain adjustment? No filter needed as its a sealed box.

Thanks, what's the normal procedure? Set the sub and tweek it with the minidsp and then run audessey afterwards? What about putting a cap on the power? If the inuke is 3000 watt per channel and my driver is 1000 watt do I need to put ( if it's possible) cap on the power? Thanks

I had a quick look at the set up guide and I think there is a bridge/ stereo switch and a crossover switch and then the two gain buttons on the front? Can you plug them into a laptop and does that give you more options on power etc?

Yes do it via a laptop using the software from Behringer. If you're using both subs off the one amp then you don't want it bridged. Also make sure your wires are wired correctly for the amp.

Don't bother limiting it. I have the 3k unlimited with a UM18 and the 6k is basically just two of them in one box.

Normally for a ported sub you set a low pass (I think it is) to stop the driver from being damaged, in your case you don't need this.

Matt explains the gain matching in my thread - Dayton UM18 Build

I ran Audessey before I had the sub connected as I didn't have enough wires for my processor but with the basics setup in the NX software I'll then be re-running it. Afterwards I'll use REW/UMIK to analyse and see if any further DSP needs applying (in the NX in my case, MiniDSP in yours).

Thanks , I have all cable ready and subs in place. I bought a 12 volt trigger box so it triggers from my AV processor like the rest of my power amps.

Just waiting for the NX 6000.

It's taken ages to get my room to this stage so it will be nice to actually hear something from the speakers after many months of building. I don't want to set my new projector and screen up yet until I'm certain all the subs and wiring is all working correctly.

I have no TVs rigged up yet ( it comes down from ceiling on a TV lift) but projector screen needs fixing first so can not access the set up on the marantz processor properly. I will plug the NX6000 in tomorrow and hopefully get some sound out of it, then install projector screen and projector at weekend and then eventually run through all the set ups?

Did you aim for a flat response? Or have you given it a house curve (boost)?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom