• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Setting up an amp and speakers for the first time...good reading

carlitos99

I have just bought the KEF3005SE speakers and am going to get the Yamaha RX-V1065 amp.

Now I am a complete beginner when it comes to setting this up. I have had a 'out of the box system' and thats about it.

Can you guys recommend some good links about the basics of amps and setting this up. I want to do some reading before everything arrives and am looking for some good links or videos that may help me as a newcomer.

cheers:smashin:

edit just seen the excellent links above, are there anymore?

Last edited:

philvella

philvella

I love the set-up. Excellent clarity and plenty of power for those room shaking moments.

Be aware that the speakers get better once they have had a couple of weeks use. I ended up running the set-up again and turning down the gain switch on the sub because it noticeably improved.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom