1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting Up A Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Ian J, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Having had my Q Bass for four years I find it odd that I should be asking for set up advice now but I have recently bought a Sony 1070 which seems to have quite extensive bass management facilities.

I have Def Tech Pro Cinema satellites and the set up sounds quite good with the sub connected to the amp by co-axial cable but I was playing around with the THX Optimiser on T2 and that has a pink noise test tone that travels down the frequency spectrum.

There is a definite drop off in volume at the lower end of the Def Tech spectrum which increases as the REL comes into play.

Should I be ignoring the filter on the REL and just using the variable cross over on the amp as I can set the cut off on each speaker seperately on the amp or should I be combining this with the cross over on the sub.

Thanks in advance

Ian

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,230
    Ignore the sub crossover - wang it up as high as it will go and use the amp's bass management.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Will do - thanks