Setting up a Servo 15

garylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I have a Servo 15 reserved awaiting a X-30.I am now having serious doubts if it will ever turn up.
I want to use the sub for all base duties below 80hrtz.Can I get away with out the X-30 or is this a no go.
Has anyone got a spare X-30 that they would be willing to sell me?
The other option is contact Paradigm direct,I had no luck on there web site.Has anyone got a contact No or email address.
Thanks
Gary

you don't have to use the x-30 just go from the amps sub. out to the servos in. if you need to change the phase and can't do so with your amp. settings, change the phase on your speakers. nic rhodes is the servo 15 expert on this forum (probably this planet) i'm sure he would advise you further if necessary.

Hi garylloyd can i ask you where you got your hands on the servo, only i hope its not Richer Sounds,
they told me for weeks on end that i had one reserved then eventually after i demanded to know if one was coming or not they said oh sorry we dont have any left now!
Good luck though mate if you do have one let me know what you think
cheers,John.

For what it is worth i too use twin Servo's "a la Nic" and have them both connected directly to my Tag processor rather than via the X30, (which to me is the more elegant and effective method) the only downside to this is the lack of phase control.

Steve.

you mean the tag wont switch sub. phase like my sony va555es will? take note nic.:devil:

Thanks guys.
If it works it looks like its at buy then.I have just found out that the box has water damage and the sub is not mint.I will go and have a look on Monday.
John I am afraid to say it is RS selling the sub.I went though the store list and phoned all the shops within a driveable distance.
How long will the sub take to run in?
Thanks
Gary

Sorry, bit ot this:

John your not the only one RS at Leeds screwed. I paid a deposit, waited patiently for over 6 weeks whilst reading on here about others who had got theirs during that time with a quick phone call. They then backed out of the sale stating that they could not supply one.

I was a bit ****ed to say the least and wrote a complaint letter (my first ever) to Julian Richer. He wrote back apologising about his purchasing team and enclosed £20 vouchers :rolleyes:

Godamn it I don't want vouchers, just some serious LFE!

Whilst i've never even heard a servo-15, I think its fairly safe to presume it is/was an extraordinary product for the money. I also like to believe that its not the only way to get deep quality bass without re-mortgaging your house.

Anyhow gonna save up a while longer now and maybe try a pair of svs jobs or even build my own sonotubes.

I hope its still in good working order Gary and rocks!

RS the B@*@!^#
I have just had a 100 mile round trip for nothing.
First off I had to wait about an hour for the boys to drag the sub into the demo room,yep I had booked and they knew I was coming.Anyway no worries they looked busy.
The minor cosmetic damage looked like the work of a madman with a lump hammer.No worries,once it is weighted no one will be any the wiser.
Ok.
So they wire it up.Nothing,dead,different power point still dead,noooooooo!!!
So I asked for a demo of the Ps1000 just to be sure it was the Servo at fault.No problems there.
The S15 is going to be sent away for repair,I am willing to bet I never see it again.Gutted.
The PS1000 was a bit of a let down as well,I know its in a different league to the S15 but even so pretty poor.It really struggled with the low stuff in Toy Story and DragonHeart.
Oh well, anyway how does the Rel Storm 3 compare say to a M and K 1250 ?
Gary

Gary

I really feel for you. I have been there with these bastards as well. I often wonder whether the same sub is going in and out the warehouse. Unfortunately when the next importer brings Servo15 into the country they are more likely to be £1500:( A fair price for what it is but not the £499 bargain).

I am currently playing with a Rel Stentor. It is a good product but it ain't no Servo15. If you like the Servo look to Velodyne HGS range. It is the only realistic alternatives but more money:( Else DIY.

Good luck

Thanks Nic,
I had a look around the SVS website,these look like a serious alternative.Any thoughts?
Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom