1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting up a PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nickbills, Oct 23, 2004.

1. nickbills

nickbills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help the newbie,

I have bought a Panny PW6 :) and put it up. DVD daisey chained via sky to the scart socket the panel came with. I've turned down the brightness and contrast to avoid screen burn ???? But my wife is giving me hell cause the picture is really pixelated (if thats a word), when watch LoTR the water looks like it is in distinct bands of pixels as opposed to shades. What have I done wrong. Please help, :lease:
    nick

2. trebor21

trebor21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try sticking the dvd staright into tv and see if that makes a diff?
    let me know

3. nickbills

nickbills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i will let you know after the weekend, I have just been on the panny web site and i think i have put the scart board in port 3 could this be the problem ??

4. nickbills

nickbills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    trebor21,

no i hadn't put the scart in the wrong port and unfortunately yes it does still do it through the dvd only. I watched the song in the special features of the jonny depp film Blow and when the light pans over the singers head you can see individual pixels of differing colours. Is it a problem with the panel ??? Or is it just me being picky ??? is it worth phoning nexnix?

please help me

5. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The scart board is notorious for giving a soft picture, is that what you are seeing? the general concensus is to avoid it and use an RGB to VGA convertor and use the plasmas VGA port, or is it straightforward pixellation?

6. nickbills

nickbills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    leigh,

i am on my second pw6 cause the first one was damaged. However the picture on this one is far more pixellated than the first. Is it a fault or what ?? Its driving me up the wall everytime theres a bright light its a mass of pixels,
    help please,
    nick

7. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Only thing I can think of is I note you said you turned down the brighness and contrast but did you also switch off the dynamic mode into normal or cinema? I assume you probably have but you never know. Also I assume they are original DVDs as copies will look ok on CRTs but awful on large screens?

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    what output is DVD set to? PAL/Composite? S-video or RGB??????

9. nickbills

nickbills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no they are originals and I tried almost every setting known to man but there is still a distinct pixellation. I think I'll have to get a js rgbtovga and see otherwise I lost for ideas. The LG in currys had a better picture than this pw6, never thought I'd say that. I wish I'd kept the panel with the cracked plastic surround.