• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Setting up a new HTPC build

Star Man

Hi, some advice please,

I have just completed a HTPC build including the Core i3 530 2.93GHz CPU and a GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard and is so far running great, but would appreciate some advice on a couple of the settings below.

Firstly, my motherboards BIOS has a setting under Advanced Bios Features named On-Chip Frame Buffer Size and is set at 64MB+2MB for GTT (default), should I raise this to the maximum at 128MB+2MB for GTT and if so, would it offer any advantages to the Core i3 530’s graphics?

Secondly, I have the HTPC connected up to a Panasonic Plasma 37inch TV (720P & 1080i) via HDMI, which is now a couple of years old and my monitor screen refresh rate on my OS and XBMC has defaulted to 50 Hertz and wondered whether it should be set at 60 Hertz?

Any Help appreciated.

BiffBoy

I can help with the last part - if you are in the UK leave it at 50hz which matches UK TV, if you are in the US use 60hz.

Star Man

That's half of it solved anyway, thanks for your Help and that explanation Biffa001.

I'm in the UK, so 50HZ it will be.

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom