• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Setting up a new Denon X3300w

screemer

I am toying with the idea of upgrading my old Onkyo SR875. I recently had to buy a new Silver RSW12 sub so I need to recalibrate my existing system. Just wondering what the setup and calibration is like on the Denon? I hear that its very accurate when done? At the moment, when I watch movies, I turn the sub level down on the amp as it booms a bit too much. Could I still do that on the Denon? Does it setup this like bass and treble, or can that be done separately too? Thanks

gibbsy

The 3300 has Audyssey XT32 room calibration, the same as you get with many of Denon's higher end models. There is a set up wizard which is exceptionally easy to follow. You can also control the bass after set up from the remote should you need to.

Prior to running Audyssey you should set the volume dial on the sub to 10 o'clock, crossover to maximum, 120 usually and if you have phase control set that to 0. When running the calibration you should check the sub's reading, it should be between -12 dB and +12dB, the closer to 0dB the better. However, if your sub is boomy it could be down to position. Try moving it around a little and see if the boom is less.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom