Setting Up 6.1 - SONY HT-DDW890

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Beerfuelledman, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Beerfuelledman

Beerfuelledman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm fortunate enough to have a rectangular room with the TV in the Centre of the Long Wall. Perfect for a 5.1 set up, but after reading the many good words about the SONY HT-DDW890 and its 2 Optical Inputs I plumped for it, and hope it arrives soon.

Now, I know the Rear Centre 6th speaker is supposed to go in the centre, but this is where I sit, about 10' from the TV (11ft Wide room). Is there a facility to turn down the volume of this lone Centre speaker so it doesnt dominate the other two surrounds, or would you recommend mounting it on the floor skirting board facing up or some other such brilliance?

Please dont tell me I will have no use for my sixth speaker :(

2. RoddyKFC

RoddyKFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have the DDW880 and you can set the levels for these independently through the amp menu (Menu - Right -Down a few levels to SL level, SR Level and SB level)

You can also change distance from speaker in there somewhere also which i assume will change levels to a degree also.

Hope this helps. I had same issue as main viewing position right in front of rear speaker but seems OK.

RoddyKFC