Setting the blue cut off postion

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AV nutter, Apr 24, 2007.

1. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys where to i set the blue cut off postion at 50 or is it peronal choice thankyou.mike

2. PsychoDogBeast

PsychoDogBeast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hiya mike

I couldn't work out what the red/gree/blue cut off points did, apart from the higher you set them the more detail became apparent in dark scenes, so i set all of mine to 85.

No preference, just not quite sure what they do, any higher than 85 and my picture started to streak, maybe someone else can chime in with a proper explanation:)

3. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Hi There,

Are we talking cut off in sense of custom colour balence, if so it is to do with the setting of the grey scale. Normaly used in conjunction with the Blue gain, to set the amount of blue in the picture....However the R/G/B cuts/gains are all interactive and so decreasing blue increases red...its all to do with positioning on colour charts.

How you set it....Idealy with some form of greyscale calibration device, A Spyder2 and CalMan for example, which is what i've used. There is a french version HCFR which others have also had sucess with, its free but not quite so supported/user friendly.

A poor mans rough way is to eyeball things with a 10 step gradiated grey scale chart from Avia/DVE and try to get things as grey and even as posible...I found it very hard to get right on my BG800 when i did it this way and hence got CalMan etc for my BG808s....Its truely anoying watching a film and seeing a green cast on a face and twitching for the remote....Either leave it and ruin the film, or be winged at by the wife for always 'tweaking' !

BTW - Why is grey important, because most of the picture information is in the grey part and the colour is just overlayed....Have a green grey and ever colour is wrong, have a netural grey and everything is correct !

cya,
    Lee