1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting scart output on Sony TVs (KV32FX66)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Gwyn, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Gwyn

Gwyn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my Sony KV32FX66, it only seems possible to select which source is output from the back for the AV3 slot. Does anyone know how to set it for AV1 or AV2?

I think I've gathered that other Sony TVs allow it and yetiuk seemed to suggest in this post that he was using AV1 for output. Or is it another case of Sony simplifying the menu options on the FX66?

The reason I'm asking is that AV3 is the only rear scart that accepts S-video, while AV1 and AV2 support RGB (I think older models had 1 RGB input and 2 S-video inputs instead). I need to use AV3 as I only have S-video output from my DVD, so want to use AV1 or AV2 for output....

2. yetiuk

yetiuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will have to check which scart socket socket I am using, not 100% sure it is AV1

What exactly do you want to output. Normally the scart will output what is being watched on the TV. With AV3 you can select to allays output either a particular scart connection, or auto which outputs what is on the TV.

This feature allows you to record (through AV3) cable, for example, which is connected to AV1, while watching terrestrial TV.

I only use the output for sound for whatever is on the TV, so this may be different from what you need.