1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting RGB on Denon 2910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Diving Bear, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Diving Bear

Diving Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do I set the DVI digital format of the Denon 2910 to RGB. I need to do this to allow the 2910 to use the colourspace information from the DVD disc to get the YUV->RGB conversion right. I think I have set the vidoe to RGB but doubt that this is the same. I can see how to set the HDMI to RGB (I think) but can;t see anything to adjust the DVI.

2. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

DVI is only output in digital RGB...so if player is setup to output DVI then it is RGB.

Bruce

3. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think DVI just works. If you have a DVI-DVI lead, I don't think you need to change any settings (I didn't with my Denon 1910 into my Philips).

4. andy c!

andy c!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Having just had a 2910 - I can confirm the rgb settings are only ajustable for the scart...the dvi ouputs rgb anyway...

If you take a mo to cycle thru the 2910's menu it shows you that you can only alter the rgb settings in the scart (av1) output (Unless I have read it wrong)

hope this helps

regards

andy c!

5. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If you come out of DVI it will be RGB. If you come out on HDMI but go to DVI you will need to set it to RGB rather then component.
    For scart you can't alter the settings just choose what you want to send down the scart lead.