setting harmany 895 to operate RF

jkirk

I have purchased an RF plug switch and remote from Homepro to operate some ligts. How do I set this up with the harmony remote and RF receiver. The instructions are hazy !!!

matturin

Novice Member
Hi,

I have purchased a pair of HomePro ZRP210 modules for use with my Harmony 895 remote.

My plan is to use one module to control the lighting and the other to switch on/off equipment that is only used during certain activities (was thinking of my sub).

I have added and paired both modules. One called 'lights' the other 'subwoofer'. I have created 4 scenes ('sockets off', 'sockets on', 'sub off' lights on', 'sub on lights off') and assigned them to each activity as needed.

However, the modules seem to remain in there toggled state when using the power off button on the remote (i.e. if the activity is using lights they remain on when everything else is switched off).

Have I set everything up correctly? Is there anyway of assigning the ‘sockets off’ scene when powering everything down?

I am using version 7.3.2 of the Harmony Remote Software.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

jkirk

Matt - did you map the scenes to activities ?? I love my 895 but using with RF has been a real pain in the !!!!

matturin

Novice Member
Matt - did you map the scenes to activities ?? I love my 895 but using with RF has been a real pain in the !!!!

Yes, I've done all that. You would expect to be able to map a scene to the off button, can't see a way to though. I've also tried leaving the 'All Off' default scene in just in case that was automatically used - no luck.

I can switch off manually via the RF Control activity, but it sort of defeats the point of the harmony remote methodology.

Matt.

jkirk

yep - thats as far as I got as well - seems the scenes only work for start up. I wanted to switch off an activity and have the lights come on but no joy...as you say, defeats the object really.

Anyone else any ideas ???

Brivs Mekis

yep - thats as far as I got as well - seems the scenes only work for start up. I wanted to switch off an activity and have the lights come on but no joy...as you say, defeats the object really.

Anyone else any ideas ???

i'd like to resurect this thread as i have just bought a H895 and am having the exact same problem.

i just want to be able to turn on the sub when my activity starts, and then when i press the OFF button on the H895 for it to turn off at the end.

cannot find how to do this, it must surely be possible otherwise it defeats the point of the zwave control

Brivs Mekis

found this post on the logitech forums:

"I also created a bogus activity to turn off my z-wave controlled lights and cabinet fan. I called it "Good Night". It tries to turn on my Wii, but can't since it is blue tooth. But it turns off the TV, Receiver and cable box as they are not in that activity, Then I added a scene of "all off" which as you probably can guess turns off the lights and the cabinet fan.

That being said I do agree it would be nice to have a little more control. I would like to add my scene of AllOff to the off button and be done with it!"

is there any better way of acheiving this? also, if you created an "All Off" activity by using a dummy device, would you still need to press the OFF button afterwards?

any ideas :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom