setting dmz

sheephorse

Established Member
hey guys

im on sky unlimited broadband which is wired to my ps3, im trying to put it into dmz so that i get a nat 1, i go into ps3 network manual settings and change my ip address to 192.168.0.101 subnet mask 255.255.255 but im not sure about what to put in default gateway, primary dns and secondary dns, also on the sagem router i have put 192.168.0.101 and enabled dmz, but do i have to disable the router firewall?

please can someone help

many thanks

COOPERMAN

Prominent Member
You won't get NAT 1 using a router :thumbsdow

The NAT types are:
Type 1 - Connected directly to the internet (no router/firewall). Should have no issues.
Type 2 - Connected through a router properly. Should have no issues.
Type 3 - Connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup for PS3. Everything should function properly, but you may have connection, voice chat or other issues.

You should be OK with NAT 2 :smashin:
I'm with Sky unlimited and have NAT 2 with no problems

sheephorse

Established Member
hey guys

thanks for the replies :) i get a nat 2 no bother but it still takes 10 attempts to play fifa10 online i dont understand port forwarding would that help?

cheers :)

cols

Prominent Member
If you follow the guide jonnyc posted you'll put your ps3 in a dmz - you won't need to forward any ports then as all are open. It'll sort out your problem connecting to opponents in fifa etc.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom