Setting default of stills length in ulead 10

grahamricho

I want to change a few hundred still photos to 0.25 of a second in length in ulead 10, is there a way to do the lot in one go or do I have to do each one on its own ?
I tried to change one and it lets you drop it down to 0.24 and then it jumps to 1.00 sec ? whys this ?

felix2

Novice Member
I understand Ulead 10 lets you choose the default length of inserted photos in the range 1 - 999 seconds (nothing less than 1 second). And it only applies to new clips put on the timeline (not to ones already on there)...

felix2

Novice Member
Sorry, just read your other thread -

you can change each individual photo (clip) to '1 frame',

i.e. 0:00:00:01 (h:mm:ss:ff)

(25 frames per second, i.e. 0 sec : 24 frames + 1 frame = 1 sec : 00 frames)

but if there's several hundred, there must be an easier way (or freeware program) to let you join photos at any interval / time period and turn it into an avi...?

(Just checked - Serif MoviePlus (and therefore presumably Sony Vegas including Movie Studio) lets you choose 1 frame as your default time for photos etc inserted onto the timeline.)

redsox_mark

Novice Member
Yes, Sony Vegas (including the Movie Studio version) lets you set the default length to be 1 frame. You could download a free trial and use that...

senu

Distinguished Member
I imagine you want to do this in order to do your Route 66 map animation . It is worth trying for experimentations sake but I suspect the results may be different to what you expect
I would urge you to try simply fading in/ out sequential stills as an easier way to achieve your "animation"

redsox_mark

Novice Member
If his software allowed easy setting of each still to be a single frame then the map drawing tool will work fine; but as it doesn't then I agree a simple transition from a still without line to one with line is easier.

There are other situations where having a still lasting one frame (or a few frames) is useful, e.g. stop motion animation. Interesting that Ulead 10 doesn't easily support this.

grahamricho

I found out in uLead that you can click all of the single images ( click first and last hold shift ) and then go to clip in the menu and change the whole lot of images in a single go by setting the duration of the length of the images down to 0.01..

senu

Distinguished Member
Seems clever . Considering I have the software, Ive never looked that far:rolleyes:!
As long as it achieves the desired result:cool:

felix2

Novice Member
I found out in uLead that you can click all of the single images ( click first and last hold shift ) and then go to clip in the menu and change the whole lot of images in a single go by setting the duration of the length of the images down to 0.01..

Great! I learn something new every day - thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom