1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting clock on pdp-504hde

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dvdsubtitles, Sep 7, 2004.

1. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi chaps,

I've just realised that every time I turn on my 504 - using the power buttons on the screen and media box - I have to set the clock.

I've been disconnecting it from the mains a lot recently while setting up the screen and components, so I didn't take much notice. Now I've realised that it happens when the mains is always on, but I switch on and off using the power buttons.

This can't be right can it? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Regards,
    Mat.

2. superga1999

superga1999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes I'm seeing the same thing. My kit is new and like you I was unplugging the equipment so thought it was that - but it loses the setting just when switching off using the remote.

It should keep the time as it's becoming quite annoying! Anybody any ideas?

3. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I vaguely remember seeing a setting somewhere that says "clock from program" or "time from program" or "time from channel" or something, and you specify a number. Are we supposed to set it up to pick up the time from a specific input/channel? I can't remember if this setting was in the tv or digital box.

Unfortunately I'm not at home at the moment to fiddle about :(

Mat

4. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I contacted Pioneer service and they said that it is a known fault and that they will come and replace the media box asap if you report it. Apparently the media box is covered by an unlimited warranty, so does not matter how old it is. They've agreed to come and swap the media box for me as soon as thursday. Impressive!

Cheers,
    Mat.

5. PC Nut

PC Nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Had the same problem here, media box swaped to one that had a newer software version fixed the problem for me.

6. spikeyboy3

spikeyboy3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SOunds like its time for a call to Pioneer then - this has been bugging me for ages :)

Spike

7. PC Nut

PC Nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    It bugged me too, but sorted now.

8. alexed

alexed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Has anyone had these probs with the PDP 434HDE?

9. vhaines

vhaines

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - I'm having the same problems with my 434HDE. Bl**dy annoying!

Vince

10. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its exactly the same media box isn't it?

11. dvdsubtitles

dvdsubtitles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick update.

Plasma media box replaced on the second attempt (yesterday). They brought the wrong box last week - they brought the box for a 3rd generation (pdp-503) by mistake.

Nevertheless, I had a good fiddle about last night. It seems the problem is only partially resolved. Once set, the unit keeps the time when left on standby (ie. switching off with remote) but still loses the time when switched off by the main power buttons.

This is an improvement, as previously I had to reset the time even after leaving the system on standby.

However, the engineers left a note (I wasn't at home, my wife was there to receive the box) saying that they were unable to set the time because there was no aerial input.

This is very interesting - I have my aerial cable going straight into my freeview box, and atm I have no pass-through to the plasma media box, so the plasma media box gets no aerial signal. It seems that the TV needs a terrestrial aerial signal to pick up the time automatically. So I temporarily put the aerial cable into the plasma media box, ran the auto installation function and hey presto, it picks up the time!

Mat