setting bass level on Yamaha RX-A780

MChang

Novice Member
Reaction score
In my AV streaming set up I have the Yamaha RX-A780 receiver, Bowers & Wilkins book shelf speakers on stands, and a Definitive sound bar under the TV between the speakers. We normally set the Yamaha to auto so it will select the right setting for the program we are watching. Pretty much everything is streaming or local TV through Tivo.

We are older, 65, and some programs I struggle with the dialogue due to the background sounds. Was reading a CNET article about adjusting the bass levels down to help the dialogue come through better, but I don't see this as an option on the Yamaha or I don't know where to find it.

Open to any suggestions on improving the dialogue levels.

Thanks.

Brian

See if this helps.
Screenshot 2022-01-19 183738.png

Link Adjusting the volume of dialogue sound

Apart from the DIALOGUE adjustements within the OPTIONS, there's also an option to alter the subwoofer trim. You'll find this within the VOLUME TRIM option within the OPTIONS menu.

The only other means by which the lower or adjust the sub would be via the LEVELS configuraions with the main SETUP SPEAKER settings.

There are TONE adjustemnt options within the OPTIONS though where you'll find one for BASS and another for TREBLE.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom