Setting an IP Address

Jeff Hooper

Standard Member
Reaction score
I want to use Humax Foxsat-HDR and SKYHD (for Anytime+) on the same server. If I set up the SKY box then only the Humax OR SKY can be connected to my router as both use the same Internet Protocol address 192.168.1.64

Can I allocate a particular address to each box ?
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit Operating System.

I was not sure where to put this as it is for Humax Freesat and SKYHD so opted for Satellite TV.

Thanks for your help

The router allocates IP addresses so if both are connected it should allocated different addresses.
Have you tried conecting both simultaneously?

This works provided I turn on the Humax first, if I turn on the SKY+HD first then the Humax will not comunicate. Is there a way of setting the IP address manually ?

How have you connected both to your router?

You can set the whole network to static IPs rather than automated via DHCP, or just particular devices. How you do it varies on the router so see the manual. Anything you setup as static will require you to input the IP address and gateway into the device.

This works provided I turn on the Humax first, if I turn on the SKY+HD first then the Humax will not comunicate. Is there a way of setting the IP address manually ?
On the hdr go to the network setup option. Note all the settings. Change the mode from DHCP to manual. Retype all the parameters except change the last digits in the ip address to one that you have reserved using on your router or a number higher than the DHCP pool your router is set to allocate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom