setting a technics dvd player to output widescreen?

gbmitie

i have a technics combined system that includes dvd player and i play it through a phillips 32 widescreen tv using a s-video din to scart adapter. i have set dvd to output as 16:9 but when watching goodfellas last night the aspect looked wrong and as i use the svideo ch on tv it does not say it is getting a widescreen signal!! the dvd says widescreen 1.85:1. It looked ok in 4:3 format but I bought it for widescreen!! is there anything i should be doing with the settings on dvd or tv??

gb--

JayCee

Distinguished Member
gbmitie said:
i have a technics combined system that includes dvd player and i play it through a phillips 32 widescreen tv using a s-video din to scart adapter. i have set dvd to output as 16:9 but when watching goodfellas last night the aspect looked wrong and as i use the svideo ch on tv it does not say it is getting a widescreen signal!! the dvd says widescreen 1.85:1. It looked ok in 4:3 format but I bought it for widescreen!! is there anything i should be doing with the settings on dvd or tv??

gb--
You will have to manually switch your Philips TV to "widescreen" as the s-video output from your DVD player does not carry the widescreen switching signal.
If your Technics DVD had a scart output it would switch automatically.

gbmitie

thanks for reply. i tested a few other dvd's and they do switch automatically but the goodfellas dvd does not. i can live with it for now. i thought it was fixable.

gbmitey

Top Bottom