1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seting up the crossover on my amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chic, Jul 10, 2002.

1. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i have just got my new denon 2802 amp and i am in the process of setting it up properly.

i have used a spl to get all channels set to 75 db,

my question is about the crossover i have set my amps crossover to 80hz and the crossover to 80 hz on the subwoofer is this correct.

also the setting of the speaker to should i set them all too small and the subwoofer on or as my mission m73 should be able to hand some low bass can i select my main speakers to large, the rest to small and the sub woofer to on thus my main speakers will handle some base with only the realy low base and the lfe being handled by the subwoofer.

which of the above method is best for movies

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Hi

Either set all speakers to small, all bass to sub, crossover on the sub to maximum (as the amp is controlling the cutoff frequency) or set the fronts to large, others to small, bass to LFE & MAIN and then set the crossover on the sub to around the lowest frequency your Missions go down to e.g 50hz (or whatever the frequency is for those speakers). Then balance all your levels.

Personally, all speakers to small, all bass to sub works best in my system and in others I´ve had.

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    cheers jase i will try both and see what i like best, for the second option the lowest setting on my sub is 80hz and the missions go down to 47hz so will that be ok

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    What sub is it?? The lowest setting is a bit high. I would have thought 30-50 hz though it does vary with manufacturers.

5. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    celeston s80 im sure the dial only goes to 80hz i might be wrong but i will double check tonight thanks for the help jase