Setanta Sports on Freeview USB stick?

pault2007

I've got a V-Gear MobiDTV Freeview stick and Setanta Sports appears on the channel list.

To view it, would I just need to put my CAM in the PCMCIA slot on my laptop or is it not possible to view it with this stick?

lostbok

hopefully somebody will come and correct me here (likewise, I'd like Setanta on my laptop!!), but I'm pretty sure that Setanta is a subscription service - so you need to buy a subscription card and have a freeview reciever that will allow you to plug the card in somewhere (secondary card slot on a Sky box / Freeview box / back of the TV).

e.g. I can see the program listed in my Freeview channels on my Philips, but I can't watch it from there... I have to point hte TV at the HDMI and then I can watch it on the Virgin box (no subscription, but that's only because Virgin has Setanta included for free)... Sky and regular Freeview viewers have to buy the card (and have somewhere to plug it in).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom