setanta (SATANTA)

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by charvelj, Jan 25, 2008.

1. charvelj

charvelj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    signed up on the 24th of november for the 2 months free trial.

I canceled 1 month later. They told me the viewing would be cut on the 24th of january.

They cut the viewing off a week earlier than they said and to rub salt into my wounds ive just got a statement from my bank yesterday saying they've charged me 9.99. I wouldnt mind but the channel isnt even switched on!

anyone else had this problem ?

They have told me to write to complain but is there anyway to do it over the phone ? they must have had over £5 in phone calls out of me as well.

The worst example of customer service I have ever seen.

Is it worth ringing them again and asking to speak to managment or should I write a letter of complaint ?

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
  3. MBaby

MBaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took up an offer out of the paper before Christmas for 2 months free Setanta sports.

When I then phoned up to cancel, I talked to the guy and agreed to stay for 3 months at half price.

I have since received two letters:

The first one was dated before my phone conversation and confirming that I would be paying £9.99 a month for Setanta.

The second one after the conversation confirms I'm to pay £5.00 a month for 3 months but the b'tards have added a £17.99 "registration fee"

The result is that I am now paying £32.99 over the 3 months instead of £29.97 If I hadn't have agreed to the half price deal.

Anyone else done this?. Beware!

4. Grinnders

Grinnders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The morale of this story to everyone is use direct debits where you can (there's a guarantee that works in your favour should the bank do something wrong) and cancel them immediately, once they have served their purpose.

I signed up for the same deal, cancelled my subscription Jan 2nd and my direct debit Jan 3rd... :D and yes they tried to make a £9.99 collection in January (presumably for February) and the bank told them it was cancelled. They then wrote to me to tell me so :laugh: and then they've tried to harass me to either go for the half price or get me to reset my direct debit. so I told them to stop calling me or I would report them for nuisance calls :devil:

I then phoned them up when it suited me and got confirmation that they should not be calling me and my contract was cancelled and no further monies were due :nono:

As you are discovering it may actually cost you more in phone calls to pursue than write it off and chalk it up as a learning experience.