Setanta Multiroom

Spoonboy90

Novice Member
My neigbour has Setanta at home but goes to his caravan most weekends. Where he has a sky box for the FTA channels, can he use the Setanta Multiroom deal on his caravan box/card or do they perform checks like Sky? He doesn't want to take the card has his son stays at home and we watch the football at weekends.

fernandez

Novice Member
All the Setanta site says is:

Can I get Setanta Sports in another room?
Yes, Subscription to Setanta Sports in any other room in your household is now free for 3 months and then £2.99 per month thereafter

Is the card used in the caravan a freesat card or subscription card?
It obviously isn't a Sky Multiroom card as the two boxes cannot be connected to the same phone line.

AFAIK when Setanta activate their Multiroom they check against the Sky database so, it would seem, that both boxes must be in the same household hence the "Subscription to Setanta Sports in any other room in your household"

It seems that standard subscriptions are not tied to boxes but a Multiroom subscription may well be even though Setanta are a completely separate company to Sky

Have a look here, although no real conclusion appears to have been reached

Setanta Multiroom - Sky - Digital Spy Forums

techmob

i tried to get multiroom setup at my house.. on my sky card i have setanta working, so i got a 2nd hand sky box for the bedroom and a FTA sky card for it, for channel 4 and 5 to clear at the time.. it was from a relative

now when i phoned setanta to enable mulitroom on it, they said the card wasn't registered at my address and i had to contact sky to get it changed to my address on the system

how can i do that, anyway around this so i can use my existing card or does it mean i have to buy a new card and have it registered at my address

can someone clarify what is the best way to do this, as i have two cards already just want setanta putting on the one thats in the bedroom

thanks

fernandez

Novice Member
i tried to get multiroom setup at my house.. on my sky card i have setanta working, so i got a 2nd hand sky box for the bedroom and a FTA sky card for it, for channel 4 and 5 to clear at the time.. it was from a relative

now when i phoned setanta to enable mulitroom on it, they said the card wasn't registered at my address and i had to contact sky to get it changed to my address on the system

how can i do that, anyway around this so i can use my existing card or does it mean i have to buy a new card and have it registered at my address

can someone clarify what is the best way to do this, as i have two cards already just want setanta putting on the one thats in the bedroom

thanks
The card from a relative is, I assume, an ex-subscription card still registered that their address (as far as the subscription system is concerned) and will in any event be useless when Sky change cards soon. Ex-subscription cards will not be replaced.

Possibly the best solution is to obtain a new FSFS card direct from Sky (£19.57 one time payment) which is guaranteed and will be replaced.
Setanta will then be able to activate their services on that card as you are the registered user.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom