Setanta & a cam

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jamdownsouth, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jamdownsouth

jamdownsouth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the Humax Foxsat Hdr which has replaced sky plus now i would like to watch my Setanta sports channels through the humax .

I know that Setanta is not available on freesat but as i subscribe to setanta i have to still use my old sky box for this but i would rather have it through the humax box with a cam , i am sure this must be possible as i dont want any other channels for free etc

I just need to know what cam to get ?

2. nwhitfield

nwhitfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    A Dragon or Diablo cam should work, but you will have to put the card back in the Sky box every six weeks or so to get the activation signal.

3. jamdownsouth

jamdownsouth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    where would i get one ?

4. Ben

Ben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Personally, I'd wait to hear from existing CAM owners to see if Sky's new viewing cards work in them before shelling out.

5. jamdownsouth

jamdownsouth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok from what i have read on the net is that a 'Diablo' should work ok with a subbed sky card with a setanta subscription but what i dont understand is what version to get ?

The current version is 2.3 but does it really matter what version of card to get ? has anyone tried this ? & finally will i have to learn how to update the card ? why this would matter as Diablo does not open any channels on astra but does make a subbed sky card work.

Oh and as the sky card has only a setanta subscription will i have to put it back in the sky box every 4 - 6 weeks ?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  6. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    I would certainly wait until Sky have issued their new cards before purchasing a CAM as all existing Sky cards (subscription, FreesatFromSky and ex subscription) will then die as the "keep alive" signals will NOT be transmitted for them. The latest NDS cards from Sky Italia do NOT work in any CAM yet and it is highly likely from this that the next generation Sky UK cards will not work in them either.