Set your Sky+ box with your iPhone

Highpeakrider

Established Member
Reaction score
I downloaded this from the itunes app store and it works fine.......

UK iPhone application developer Ed Lea has introduced a new version of his app, TV Plus, which should be of particular interest to Sky+ customers.

The TV Plus application offers a comprehensive guide to UK TV, detailing over 400 channels - and the software also includes Sky+ Remote Record functionality, which lets iPhone (or iPod touch) users employ the app to set their Sky+ box to record.
:clap:

I downloaded this from the itunes app store and it works fine.......

UK iPhone application developer Ed Lea has introduced a new version of his app, TV Plus, which should be of particular interest to Sky+ customers.

The TV Plus application offers a comprehensive guide to UK TV, detailing over 400 channels - and the software also includes Sky+ Remote Record functionality, which lets iPhone (or iPod touch) users employ the app to set their Sky+ box to record.
:clap:

Wow - that sounds amazing!!!!!

the search works great also.........

Tried "wired" up it popped next monday

"NHL" it listed all the games for the next week on NASN.
just worked my way down the list selecting them and then back to the search list.

its like having my TIVO back................

Oh wow thanks for posting that

Just bought it and set it up and it works so well - im stunned at how god this is :)

Highly recommended for any iPhone / Sky + owners!

Stephen

brilliant app:thumbsup:

thanks 499520

...and presumably iPod Touch owners, if you're near a wireless signal? There's probably a lot more of them, like for instance me!

Brilliant! Running on iTouch and its fab. Granted it refused every single request to record the presidential debate, but other than that, money well spent :)

aint that strange, yesterday AM, was looking on net for such a tool but was left wanting... Now ÂŁ3 lighter but have just what I was after :clap: Well spotted young sir !

Tested and working Awsome.

Amazing. Been wanting something like this for some time.
Thanks!

Excellent. Been looking for something like this since getting Sky+ HD installed.

Great find. Cheers :clap::clap::clap:

after a few odd teething problems it does indeed seem a piece of **** to setup....well worth the ÂŁ 2.50! :smashin:

What sort of costs are incurred when using this app please folks (Not the cost of the app itself)?

Just your internet use if on an iPhone or iPhone 3G but otherwise free.

So, none of the text message charges mentioned on the Sky website?

No, it doesn't send a text message, it sets the recording online. You have to be in range of WiFi on the ipod Touch (like at home if you have a wireless router or at work, near an Apple store or a billion other places) or the iPhone will use the internet, hence the small charge - to be honest it's such a small amount of data that it should fit within your pre-paid internet usage, no matter how much you record.

Last edited:
Excellent app. I wanted something like this as well and so far it has worked brilliantly.

i have the app and a my sky account
what do i need to do to set it up?
Cheers aero

Follow the instructions on the sky website.

And then log in to tv plus with the mysky details

It was this I was referring to...

Please Note:
Sky+ or Sky+HD subscription required. You must obtain the consent of the Sky+ subscriber before activation. Recording requests must be made at least 30 minutes before start of programme. SMS request confirmation message costs 25p (€0.50), Mobile network and internet service provider charges apply. Subject to activation and Terms & Conditions.

Do they not confirm the record request with an SMS once it is made?

no, not if you use the online request, only if you use SMS to send the request in the first place - which this doesn't

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom