set up

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by aphill24, Jan 11, 2012.

1. aphill24

aphill24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody please help me set up my Tv home cinema and sony media player which I want to use to stream films via my router.
    I have set up my panasonic blue ray home cinema system with my toshiba 37 lcd and it`s working fine but how do i add the media player to have the surround sound playing.
    Any help will be much appreciated.

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,503
    More information needed. What is the model of bluray home cinema system and what audio connections does it have? Same goes for the Sony media player. It look like the Sony media players have optical out so you're looking for an optical input on your home cinema system. This would give you the best audio quality. The media player also has analog audio output, which your home cinema system should have. These are the red/white RCA phono inputs. These won't give you true surround sound though. You will need to use optical for that (discrete multi-channel).

3. aphill24

aphill24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic Blue Ray sa-btt270: Digital Audio in (Optical) and the red white and yellow connections which are audio out.

Sony media player SMP N100:Digital out,HDMI out and also the Red white and yellow connections labeled L,R audio line out
    and also a Blue(pb) ,Green(Y) and Red (pr)connections labelled component video out.

Toshiba 37AV555D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  4. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,503
  5. aphill24

aphill24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dave,I will order one tomorrow and let you know how I get on.Much appreciated.