Set up/ integration advice needed

SimonBut

Standard Member
Reaction score
Forum virgin so apologies if I've posted in the wrong forum when I put this under Plasmas!!

I am 95% set on the Pioneer 435XDE, wall mounted, but I have a few integration issues.
At the moment I have a separates system for hi-fi : Tag McLaren CD, Audiolab 8000C & 8000P driving Monitor Audio Studio 20SE

and for AV : Toshiba 32inch TV, Yamaha A595 Dolby Digital amp driving Mission 753 front, mission 73 rear and a Mission 73 centre.

In terms of inputs I have the usual : DVD, PS2, Sky

Now for my dilemma - owing to space and neatness I need to have one system for both music and AV. My balance of usage is 80% AV, 20% music:

1. I'd like to use the MA 20SE's in a combined system. Any thoughts on what matches for centre and rears? Or do i start again with new speakers?
2. Suggestions for a DVD player which makes most of the HDMI Pio?
3. Should I metaphorically 'throw away' the Audiolab C&P / Yamaha and get a new integrated AV amp?? Again, recommendations for which is good?
4. Am i correct in thinking that the sources, DVD, CD, Sky, PS2 connect to the amplifier, which connects to the Pioneer mediabox which connects to the screen??

My budget, after the plasma is £1500-£2000 for DVD player, amp & speakers as necessary

HELP!!!

Thanks

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom