1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

set up help with denon avr 1705

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rb5201, Aug 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rb5201

rb5201

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Hi, I have had my set up for a few months now and have not played around with it too much, but have now been looking at seeing if I can improve the sound at all by tweaking the settings. I am a little unsure of a couple of features found in the sound parameters, and what I should expect to see by making adjustments, these being...

Cimema EQ (on or off), Panorama control (on or off), dimension control, centre width control, tone defeat setting (on or off) and D.Comp setting.

Is one of these to do with effects matching the speaking, sometimes called midnight mode, which stops the sound affects over powering the talking?

The amp is a denon AVR-1705.

Any suggestions to set ups or help with the above would be much appreciated.

Many thanks....Richard :)

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,183
    Cimema EQ (on or off) - is mentioned in the instructions for my 2105
    Turn it on if it sounds a bit bright :D

Panaroma control, dimension control, centre width control all affect the multi channel music outputs - DPLII music - don't use it myself.

Tone Defeat setting - disables the Bass and treble controls. People will argue fewer filters on the sound will improve the clarity. Mine is off.

D.Comp is short for Dynamic Compression. This allows you to decrease the range of soft to loud in DTS and Dolby Digital sound tracks so you don't wake the kids late at night when a building unexpectedly explodes in the middle of your romantic comedy :)

3. rb5201

rb5201

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    thanks, that helps :)