Set up help tv

Matty Boy50

Novice Member
Hi,

Just wanted some help for a new tv set up. I watch tv through the internet e.g. iplayer, itv app etc through a now tv box. The reason being the tv is in a strange place downstairs now and our walls are solid breeze block so channelling and feeding a cable from anywhere is so difficult. I also thought it wouldn't be long until freesat, freeview went onto the internet but it doesn't seem to be materialising. I miss my old freesat/freeview channels (the channel up and down buttons basically) and wondering if there's a way to put an aerial up and transmit the signal somehow to avoid cabling etc. Would love some input/inspiration from you guys?

Thanks

Matt

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
if you do not wish to channel into the wall, why not look at some d-line trunking to see if this option will work for you?

I'm also sure there will be wireless options, but I'm sure these require a PVR where a wireless box connects and this plugs into the TV. I've seen them in the past and cannot recommend them as they were hit and miss, having said that, its been quite a few years since I've seen one and they may have improved

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
My kids use a Roku (there was one for sale for just £13.99 the other day via Roku) which works although they do not watch traditional TV, so I don't know how good it is. I've seen it via netflix, youtube, disney+ and amazon plus iplayer and have to say its quite good. As for ITV, C4 and Ch5, I don't think their streaming services are up to the same quality just yet based on what I've seen on my TV

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom