set up help please

M

mardenq

i have a panasonic th-46pz82b tv.a panasonic dvd home theater system,model-sc-pt560 and a panasonic blu-ray disc player,model-dmp-bd35.i have the theater system conected to tv with hdmi cable.the blu-ray player to the tv through hdmi cable and a optical cable from the theater system to the blu-ray player.when i play a blu-ray disc i set the theater system to digital in and the suround sound is fantastic but if the blu-ray film says dts hd audio theres no sound comes out at all unless i switch the theater system to aux then it works but the sound is no where near as good as the sound that comes though the optical cable.its seems like theres sound comin out all the speakers but not as it should be--its just backround sound out the rear speakers.is there any settings in the systems that i should change to cure this
thanks for any help--peter

alsina

i have a panasonic th-46pz82b tv.a panasonic dvd home theater system,model-sc-pt560 and a panasonic blu-ray disc player,model-dmp-bd35.i have the theater system conected to tv with hdmi cable.the blu-ray player to the tv through hdmi cable and a optical cable from the theater system to the blu-ray player.when i play a blu-ray disc i set the theater system to digital in and the suround sound is fantastic but if the blu-ray film says dts hd audio theres no sound comes out at all unless i switch the theater system to aux then it works but the sound is no where near as good as the sound that comes though the optical cable.its seems like theres sound comin out all the speakers but not as it should be--its just backround sound out the rear speakers.is there any settings in the systems that i should change to cure this
thanks for any help--peter

You cannot cure it. Simple answer is that the SCPT560 does not handle DTS from an external source. Best you can do is send DTS as simple stereo and use Dolby ProLogic on the 560.

M

mardenq

thanks for the reply,whats the next panasonic theater system up that would allow the sound through the optical cable.
thanks--peter

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
If you are looking to upgrade your sound system then do yourself a huge favour and look at separates that way.

1. You can upgrade the part you want and not the whole system.
2. You get better sound quality.
3. One part fails you do not end up throwing the lot away.
4. Far better and far more connectivity for the future.

But now you need to set a budget.

M

mardenq

so what would i need to buy to go with my tv and blu-ray player to get good surround sound,im guessing a amp and some speakers,could i use the speakers i have with the theater system.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Again an all-in-one problem. The speakers will work but be very careful, but the Sub will be useless as it is a passive type (i.e. no built-in amp)
The key thing is budget?
Keep the all-in-one as one and sell it whilst it is still working.

M

mardenq

would i get what i need for £300 ish.i might sell the theater system.my m8s looking for one

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom