1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set-up for small room

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kgulls, Oct 22, 2004.

1. kgulls

kgulls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Will shortly be moving house and have available a 12'x9' bedroom in which to build my HC. :)
    Will hopefully be buying Arcam dv79,Avr300 + Lcd screen.With such a smallish space what are likely to be my speaker options?
    I was thinking along the lines of B&W 601(3) for fronts and 600(3) rears but would they be too confined?
    2nd choice would be the Castle Compacts as they seem suited to mounting close to walls and would probably work well in this situation,Would need a set-up to cater for film and music 50/50.
    I do however listen to stereo cd and most music dvd thru dedicated phones and amp so need a system for when friends/family are around.
    Any advice appreciated.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    What about a lifestyle system like the Kef eggs or the new MS Genie sytem?? Maybe also some front ported speakers like the Kef Q4's with Q6c and Q3 or compacts as rears and a Kef 2500 sub?

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about the Proac Hexa Speaker system, they are very small and compact but will be excellent with music and not too bad with movies either here is a link

www.proac-loudspeakers.com/hexasys.php

John :)