1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set up/Connection problems (SONY).

Discussion in 'TVs' started by scoobysnack709, Mar 13, 2005.

1. scoobysnack709

scoobysnack709

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    I was wondering if there was anyone that could help me.
    I have a Sony DVD Recorder (2 scarts), a Sony Freeview box (2 scarts), a Sony VCR (2 scarts) and a 3 scart Sony telly.
    All the above are brand new, latest "smart link" products, but i cannot figure out how to set it up so i can record using the DVD Recorder and the VCR (sometimes at the same time), or watch a DVD while recording to VCR.
    The instructions also mention that the equipment must be connected using fully wired scart leads.
    I have spent a full day trying to get it right, but i cannot do it.
    Can any of you fine people help me in any way? Do i need to use all 3 of the scart sockets on the back of the telly?
    PLEASE help, as i am getting so frustrated!
    Thank you.

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Connect your VCR and DVD/R using scart leads up to the 2 scart soctets on your digibox.
    Then a scart lead from your VCR to TV, scart from DVD/R to TV, so this would use both scarts on VCR and 2 scarts on the TV.
    Aerial lead into digi box then VCR then DVD/R then TV.
    Not sure how this set up would effect the smartlink. This set-up should alow you to watch digital TV through AV on your VCR or passing through your DVD/R.
    Unless someone else knows a better way?
    Nigel