Set up BT Smart Hub 2 to TV

The Smart Hub 2 feeds a Wifi Pc with an Ethernet from Hub to TV LAN port. PC is OK but TV is not. The TV screen shows shows all boxes checked (I.P. Gateway, .etc,...). What's the Source setting for a LAN feed?
PC...WIRELESS ADAPTER, ADVANCED SHARING,STREAMING OPTIONS?, what should be checked, or not, in all these boxes The Family controller and WAN IKE.2 are off. Pressing Bluetooth and other Devices doesn't show TV. In Devices and Printers the TV details are all shown(IP, hardware, UPnP). SMART HUB MANAGER PAGE shows PC and TV details, but WAN port box isn't Purple? Is the Hub supposed to set it all up itself? (Hosted Networks?, Bridge Connections?)do i need these??. TV is Samsung LE40C580 PC is a Dell Vostro. I'm basically after BBC iplayer, Web pages(Edge),and VLC libraries.
Anybody want to pull the thread?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Read pages 23-28 of your TV's user manual on network setup (easily found with a Google search)
The TV is pretty old by today's standards, you'd be better off connecting your PC to it and using it as a monitor or just buy and use a streaming stick which will plug into one of the HDMI sockets.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom