I have a Gadmei tv tuner Connected to my Set Top box to a Acer Monitor
but when i connect the cable wire to the STB this happens

& When i move the wire a little this

My Cable
Cable - Imgur

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Seems to me that the F connector on the end of the cable just needs checking. If that was me, I would just unscrew the end, and check that the outer sheath of wire is making a good connection to the outer ring of the connector, and that the single inner wire is long enough to make a good connection to the socket when you plug it in.
If the outer sheath of wire or inner single wire is damaged or missing, I would snip a centimetre off the end of the cable and re-make it. If you've done it before, it's easy, but if not, then it might be tricky. I'll see if I can find a video showing how to do it.

Found one.

kalpesh

Novice Member
Hii
Seems to me that the F connector on the end of the cable just needs checking. If that was me, I would just unscrew the end, and check that the outer sheath of wire is making a good connection to the outer ring of the connector, and that the single inner wire is long enough to make a good connection to the socket when you plug it in.
If the outer sheath of wire or inner single wire is damaged or missing, I would snip a centimetre off the end of the cable and re-make it. If you've done it before, it's easy, but if not, then it might be tricky. I'll see if I can find a video showing how to do it.

Found one.
Hiii Stuart
Thanx for the quick reply. When i first started experiencing the problem i called the cable guy he changed the cable & the STB but still same the moment the cable touches the connector on the STB it happens. I even replaced my TV Tuner (same version) it works in my friends house who has another stb from other company it works fine is something wrong with the STB's my cable company is providing

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom