1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set graphic driver wrong

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gadjet, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Good morning,

I was setting my new drivers into the pc and chosen a higher dpi setting. So when the pc loads up the screen comes up with "video signal not supported" and there is no picture. Can I set pc to start with basic screen settings or have I got to reinstall windows.
    Thanks for your help,
    Phill

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Yes.. when your machine is starting up start pressing the F8 key (once it has done the memory check etc), and it should get to a menu system. (if you see the windows splash screen then you have missed it) One of the options is Safe Mode, select this and it will boot into windows, if your using XP then it will ask you if you want to do a system restore, say NO to this, you want to run windows in safe mode, change the display how you normally would, and then reboot.

Let me know if you have any probs

3. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Buz you are a star, pc back now I can carry on,

a big thanks mate,

Phill

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    A suggestion to perhaps avoid this in future. Somewhere I think there's a standard Windows option that when you change video resolution it'll wait 15 secs for you to click "OK" on a dialog that pops up after the change, and if you don't click on "OK" it'll revert to the resolution you had before thus avoiding this sort of glitch.