1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

session 9 - audio

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by spicymackerel, Jun 12, 2002.

1. spicymackerel

spicymackerel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got this movie through Play.com recently. Pretty good film using actual dis-used gothic looking sanitorium as a setting. Also has good scots actor Peter Mullen in one of his first main US movie roles.

Anyway I was surprised to find that despite being an english language film the 5.1 dolby soundtrack was only available on the french language dubbed track that was included on the disc.

The original language english soundtrack only came in dd (2.0) stereo. As it was a very atmospheric film I would have liked to have used the full 5.1. When I listened to some of the surround sound on the french version it was much better.

I thought this might have something to do with play.com being a Canadian company and hence producing mainly for an English /french market. Howevever I checked the title from other suppliers and found the same audio specification.

Anybody any ideas why this is so ?

2. Arknine

Arknine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    r3 version is 5.1, if i remember....will check later from home. got it v cheap from ddd.house.com

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +950
    The R3 version's 4:3 though. The proper ratio is 2.35:1.