Servo 15

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a Servo 15 in the Cambridgeshire area and wouldn't mind me gatecrashing for a demo, drop me a PM - still curious to hear what these sound like.

Anyone know if you can still get these from Richer Sounds?

Cheers
Matt

WHAT?

Are the Rels not good enough for you:rolleyes: or are you thinking of adding a servo as well?;)

Originally posted by Smurfin

Anyone know if you can still get these from Richer Sounds?

Cheers
Matt [/B]

you certainly can (well, i damn well hope so as i have just ordred one last friday, should be here middle of this week :D)
i got it through there mail order hotline which is funny as im sure paradigm state that their products are not available for sale through mail order.

love to let you come and hear it but i'm probably too far away for you (Cumbria :eek:)
if you do hear (a working) one then i'm sure you'll be ready to buy straight away.

Shaun

Originally posted by THX 1138
WHAT?

Are the Rels not good enough for you:rolleyes: or are you thinking of adding a servo as well?;)

The RELs do kick ass, but I'm struggling to get them sounding "right" in my system. Actually it sounds just as good with just one sub switched on, which has just got me thinking about the Servo 15.

I want something which goes "deeper" than the Storms (although they do rock in their own right).

Saying that....I need to give it more time for the "tweaking", and I'm not sure if one Servo 15 will make a huge impact over 2 x REL Storms.

Hobbes,

If you dont mind saying how much did you have to pay for the servo 15? Are they still £500???

I will be v tempted in a month or so I reckon...

Thanks
Tim

and where are you in Cumbria?

Matt
Thanks for P.M
Indeed i did used too own 2 Storms that were replaced by Servo's (i now use 4 which i believe to be quite an experience by almost anyones standards)

Personally speaking i sit firmly in the camp that believes two sub's are better than one (for many reasons i am sure you are aware of).
So personally with your' predicament i would stick with two Storms over one Servo (others will doubtless disagree!!!) if your room is of a medium/large size.
That said as i and others have previously stated the Servo knocks the Rel into a cocked hat as regards sheer extension and spl's, IMHO the ONLY downsides to the Servo is (perhaps for some) physical size and that it isn't best suited to a small room (but that shouldn't be taken as an absolute negative it WILL perform in a small room, you will just have acoustic issues that you cannot counter due to size etc)

Steve.

Originally posted by snelly
Hobbes,

If you dont mind saying how much did you have to pay for the servo 15? Are they still £500???

I will be v tempted in a month or so I reckon...

Thanks
Tim

yep Tim, it cost £500 and arrived today in fact and i am tinkering with it now :D. Only took 4 days to come as well except there was no X-30, which shouldnt matter too much as i will be getting my amp soon.

Beekeeper - sorry but demo wont be possible for a while yet as i am still waiting on an a denon 3801 and the room i intend to set it all up in is being decorated. :(

Shaun

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom