1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servo 15 & X 30 Set-up

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by TOM ALLEN, Oct 6, 2005.

1. TOM ALLEN

TOM ALLEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi All, :hiya:
    Can any of you out there, talk me thro the set up with X-30 Crossover ,wiring , weak etc.; any Servo 15 with an x 30 owner should be able to point me in right direct.
    My A/V Amp is a Sony DB 930, Speakers Yamaha NS 45E that go down to 38 Hz, any further info you may need let me know.

Regards

Tom

2. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You dont really need the X-30, unless you are running two sub's.
    But if you cannot get a decent flat response and the crossover sounds very flat, then the phase might be of some use in your setup.

If you have got an SPL meter and you have this prob, then do a search as there is loads of info in the archives to sort it out.

3. cyclocommuter

cyclocommuter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using an X30 with the Servo 15 v2. Satellites are Infinity Modulus Time Aligned speakers and my Integrated Amp (with pre-out / main-in jacks) is a Marantz PM-94. The X30 sits between the pre-out and main-in jacks. The sub settings are as follows: Cutoff Freq - 150 hz (max), Phase Alignment - 0 (min), Level 50%.

On the X30 I hooked up my main-in to the 80 hz high pass filter jacks. The X30 controls (pots) on the front settings are: subwoofer cutoff (low pass) - 80 hz, Phase - 90, and level at about 40% (less than half).

These settings to me provide a seamless integration between the sub and the monitors. Incidentally, I got the Servo 15 v2 to replace two Infinity Servo subwoofers (12" drivers). These subs also had an outboard electronic crossovers.

Finally, I usually have the contour setting on the sub to 50% (for listening to jazz, rock and also watching video) but once in a while I set it to 100% when I listen to heavy metal.

4. TOM ALLEN

TOM ALLEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Cyclocommuter,
    Read you post , but unfortunately I don't get the gist, you mention " Main In " "8o Hz filter Jacks". Could you advise in the " Idiots Guide " format, as basically you lost me. :oops:

Regards

TOM

5. cyclocommuter

cyclocommuter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the back of the X30 you will see jacks labeled "low level input" on the left corner... you connect your pre-amplifier outputs (left and right) to these jacks.

Towards the right side of the X30, you will see 3 pairs of jacks marked "High Pass Outputs (Main In)". I selected the ones labeled 80hz (in the midddle) and connected these to my main amplifier inputs (hence Main In). These means the X30 will rollover frequencies going to your amplifier at around 80hz.

If you have smaller satellites perhaps you might want to connect your main amp to the 120hz High Pass jacks. Conversely, if you think your speakers can handle lower frequencies with no problems you might want to connect you main amp to the 40 hz jacks.