Status
Not open for further replies.

JSW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Who here has a Servo 15 ???

Have you had any problems with it ?

How is it with music ?

Need to make my mind up now between this and the CHT 15 as RS are holding it for me.

Thanks
Bry

Originally posted by JSW

Need to make my mind up now between this and the CHT 15 as RS are holding it for me.

Thanks
Bry

I've been on a waiting list for a Servo 15 for 4 months with RS, if you don't want yours JSW I'll have it :devil: :D

I would have to get the news on a friday when every one is out on the P***

RS are ringing me tomorrow for me CC number so need some replies pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

I've had two of these paradigm 15s and both have been no bloody good. Got myself an m&k 150 in the end and I think its great. Mind you,that wa befor the powerbuys started. unlce eric says the velodyne cht-15 is better than my mk and I don't doubt him. Jase and Bob007 seem to be over the moon with theirs.
Now go to richy sounds and start moanin

I have two of these and my experience is quite the opposite to Harold in use. All well documented here. There are many satisfied users here but especially around the world however I feel it is all too personal here now and other non sub related subs sites have a more realistic / independent view of the pros and cons of these subs. Look to do a search on the Tag web site, Audioreview or see The Audio Critic data I posted here. That author has both HGS Subs (2) and Servo15s (2).

As with most subs (all servo designs?) I think if people have got poor performance from them there is generally something very wrong elsewhere (set up or acoustic / room interaction) and not necessarily with the sub design.

Search Tag site for Servo15 posts.:)

Not got a servo 15 Bry but Happy Birthday all the same

Hi Bry,

I got a mail from RS telling me my Servo 15 was ready today :D .

Like Nic said the best thing to do is just do a search and read some of the postings/reviews made about this sub. I really can't believe all these people who include some very respected reviewer's are all wrong. Sure some people have bad experiences with piece's of kit, we all do but I think £499 for a sub that can compete with others that are 3 or even 4 times the price has got to be worth it

Cheers

Dave

Originally posted by Nic Rhodes
As with most subs (all servo designs?) I think if people have got poor performance from them there is generally something very wrong elsewhere (set up or acoustic / room interaction) and not necessarily with the sub design.
I think theres something wrong with the paradigm design thats for sure. maybe you've been one of the lucky ones. I had two of these and they both fizzled out on me. one nearly caught fire.
Its not just me as well, look here fron a few weeks back.

Originally posted by garylloyd
I spoke to alot of RS folk when I was trying to track mine down.
Perhaps this statement says alot.
"Paradigm make quality equipment,most of the problems are to do with the step down transfomer that we fit when they arrive in the UK"
Why not use a external transformer at the power supply?
"Yeah,sounds like a idea"
At least if mine dies I can now get a replacement.
The S15 does have a cheap look about it,for $1500 I would have expected better.
When I first got it home the on/off switch sheared off in my hand,tweezers are now the order of the day.
Give it back to RS to fit another?Not a chance.
Gary

And another,

Originally posted by Rob
If anybody recieves a servo-15 from richer sounds, minus the lead, manual and X-30 controller, its probably my old one.

My first one died after about 3 months, I returned it and recieved a brand new one. This lasted about 4 months. I returned it to Mr Richer, and 10 weeks later it was still there "awaiting a module". I then decided enough was enough, as I didn't want it anway and demanded a refund, which they reluctantly gave me.

Reliability issues aside, I don't think its a great performer. Sure it goes loud and low, and is good value at £499, but I certainly don't think its worth much more. I've been using my trusty old Q50, which sounds great and has never let me down untill my new sub arrives. I've used Velodyne subs (including the HGS-15) before, and found them outstanding performers which is why I've taken advantage of the power buy and ordered an HGS-15 for myself. They certainly put the Servo-15s to shame, which indeed they shoud at around 4 times the price. If you can afford one, its a no-brainer

Paragidm, no thanks.

You could just as easily go round and pull together twice the amount of posts from people who swear by these subs and think there the dogs dangly's so that doesn't really prove much.

As for the post about the performance, again how do we know how the sub was positioned/calibrated? You can even make an HGS 18 sound bad if set it up half assed.

I really do think that the Servo 15 has come in for some very ill informed stick on this forum lately. I know people have had problems with some of them and how infuriating this must be but come on, REL had problems with some of there subs (humming etc) but they didn't get this sort of stick.

The Servo 15 at £499 is one of the few opportunities in home cinema/HiFi for an ordinary Joe like myself to get something near the high-end of LFE without spending £2000+. If when I get it, it goes "pop" it goes back to RS for a replacement. If they haven't got any left to replace it with I'll get my money back. Nothing ventured nothing gained. But if it's fine and dandy (which I'm sure it will be fingers crossed) I'll have a sub that can run with the best and grin from saving £1500 that will have to be surgically removed.

Cheers

Dave

I am all with Dave,if it goes pop I will just get another.
I used mine for the first time yesterday night.
OMG.
I have owed it for a few months but have only just picked up my amp,Denon A10SE.
I played a few Cds to get things warmed up,then the fun started.
Titan A.E,The Haunting,Toy Story 2 Etc
This as all been said before but here goes,windows rattled like mad,doors shake in there frames,there were so many things rattling around the house and I mean all around the house it was distracting.Out with the blue tac.
I went to a hell of a lot of trouble to get this sub,phone calls every day,driving 300+ miles.Was it worth it ? OH YES.
It is a shame that there seems to be a quality problem in the Uk,but those in the know rate this sub.Even the SVS guys recommend them.
How many hours is this beast going to take to run in and how much better does it get?
Gary(still grinning like a loon)

Zone, Thankyou :)

Nic, Dave, Garry cheers I will go for it and if it goes bang will send it back and then get the CHT 15 instead.

Cheers
Bry

Hope this reply isn't too late!

I have a servo 15 and a Storm III. I've found the Servo to be one of the most amazing cinema products I've ever heard. It goes lower (by quite some way) than the Storm and I've never found the full extent of it's power - call me a chicken, but I feel as if the house is about to break up if I get above a certain SPL!

For cinema it's great.

For HiFi, on some CDs, I've found it to be a little heavy right at the bottom end (below where the Storm gives up) - it's just too powerful and on some CD (perhaps where they have not correctly equalised the frequency response) the Servo is a little over the top.

The build quality is nowhere near as good as to Rel, but if Paradigm they put any more weight into the enclosure, no one would have the slightest chance of moving it! So far (9months?) the servo has been totally reliable!

I've heard these Servos are now in very short supply - don't think twice BUY IT NOW!

Hope this helps,

Rob.

I have used two for a year or so now, don't believe i would change them for anything but a very select few.

Steve.
(An ex REL, Monitor Audio, Kef and B+W sub user.

used mine for a few months now and wouldn't part with it for anything.

Ok thanks all

I have just paid for the Servo 15 in Cherry veneer finish :)
Will be with me in next 5 days :D :D :D

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Just rang RS to see where mine is and they said it should be available on Thursday :p

If the neighbours thought I was bad before they better get ready for the new and improved "Neighbour from hell" :D

Cherry?
We get a choice of colour now?
I have read about upgrading to power cable to a kettle lead?Gotta be worth a try.Is this good enough or would a Russ Andrews lead be better?
Gary
Jws have you ordered a copy of The Haunting yet?

Originally posted by garylloyd
Cherry?
We get a choice of colour now?
I have read about upgrading to power cable to a kettle lead?Gotta be worth a try.Is this good enough or would a Russ Andrews lead be better?
Gary
Jws have you ordered a copy of The Haunting yet?

Hi,
I didn't get a choice I was told it would be in Cherry, but for me thats great as it will be the same colour as my Mordaunt Short speakers :)

Havn't ordered the haunting yet was hoping to get it from the for sale forum.

Wheres cheapest place to get it I'll go for new now unless anyone got one going ???

guys help - i got mine by emailing richer when someone on these forums kindly let us know some where coming in.

Richer mail order rang me this morning and said i could have it for £500 + £25 delivery BUT it doesn't have the X30 unit. Surely this can't be right??

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP i've waited ages for this too.

I just got a phone call too saying no controller unit and if I want one its £99 more !!! but is not needed ?

Also I cant have it in a Cherry finish which is what I ordered on Saturday :(

They are refunding my CC while I decide wether or not I wish to go ahead with a black one and no controller.

I am absoloutely GUTTED :(

Eric can you get the CHT 15 in Cherry ?

Thanks JSW - i'm finished with these people now. I have waited weeks for this and i gutted now. Velodynes now seem the best options.

Guys,
I'm not being funny but IMO the Velodyne CHT-15 (also a servo powered 15incher) is at least as good as the Paradigm Servo 15 and I think you know that I don't mess people about..
Velodyne don't do these in Cherry finish but I've been told that they will do a few colours (ie, white, silver) for living room environments. When this is going to happen I don't quite know but I'll keep you all informed.
Regards
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom