1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servo 15 availability?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by DSM, Mar 6, 2003.

1. DSM

DSM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Still waiting for my Servo 15, after being told by the W.Ealing branch of RS it would be in for me on a set day so I travelled the mere 220 miles from Pembs. to collect it, guess what it wasn't in I was then told that Paradigm were out of stock, I told him he was talking crap! and to get the manager, I knew that there was a container on the way from Canada, I made a 'scene' in the shop and was given a £30 discount off the sub if it ever turns up!
    Im originally from Acton and visit nearly every week which is why I ordered it from that branch I was not in the area the week it was in but was eager to get it, so I travelled to get it.
    I am losing patience now, is it really worth the wait or should I go for the CHT 15 or ? :confused:

Dave

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    It comes down to patience and cost IMO.

Are you prepared to keep waiting for RS false promises ?

Are you prepared to pay a bit more for the CHT ?

3. DSM

DSM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I dont mind paying the bit extra if its better but from what I have heard its not?

Dave

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Then looks like you will be waiting for RS then while we all enjoy our Velo's :D

5. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    DSM.
    Exeter RS have an ex-service Servo 15 for $400 offer them $380 and they will take it (they had 2, i got one for my friend on saturday)
    Speak only to Paul or Ben
    It has no X-30 but is boxed as new with full warranty, i cannot vouch for it's working condition, the one we took was not in a box and was easy to audition/test for working condition, having unpacked four in my house take it as red that just getting them out of the box is a serious undertaking.
    Servo 15 for $380!!!! wipe that smile of those Velo/Rel hardcores.

Steve

6. DSM

DSM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Steve, I will give them a bell in the morning :smashin:

Dave

7. chips

chips

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    $380 that is a good price.....I thought I did well at £380 :D

8. DSM

DSM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Steve EX, I will be picking one up from Exeter in the morning, it has slight damage/dent on the top/back edge which is not a problem in my dedicated black HT room:) , and the price we agreed was £365 + £10 for a 3 year warranty so it cant be bad can it, but what difference does the X30 make? I have level/phase & xover control on my amp would that be enough?

Cheers.

Dave :smashin:

9. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Dave
    Fingers crossed all goes well, if i had the time i would of gone in and tested it for you as it's quite along way to come if the worst were to happen.
    I am a friend of Pauls and i seem to be the local RS's mobile technical helpline. (which unfortunately only seems to benefit my friends/relatives via discounts)
    If you would rather wait a week or so i will make best efforts to test the thing out briefly (sweep,pulse and spl's and the like) and report back to you.

Steve.

10. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Sorry forgot to add the sub will work quite happily via a direct lfe feed from your processor.
    The X30 certainly adds flexibility and obviously would be essential if you were using a stereo pre-amp etc.
    The X30 is more of a brick wall filter than any internal crossovers i have so far encountered on any AV item which in itself can be a curse or a saviour.
    I and many others feel the X30 is an excellent stand-a-lone device regardless.
    I do not at present use them myself but would have no qualms about using them in my kit as indeed i used too when connected to an old Denon 3801.

Regards

Steve.

P.S The X30 also contains phase control (not the sub itself) which may or may not be an issue to you.
    If you think you might need one i have a spare to which i would sell (The last one here went for 60 pounds + P.P just as a frame of reference) which is not unreasonable i guess.

11. DSM

DSM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the offer Steve, but I will chance it
    :suicide: It will have a full warranty on it if any probs. Any tips I could use to test it out briefly could be a help otherwise I will test it loud and low, must take some discs with me.

I will let you know if I think I need the X30.

Thanks

Dave