1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servo 15 arrives.....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Smurfin, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,172
    Well after one hell of alot of hassle with Richer sounds (which I won't even bother going into) my Servo 15 turned up today.

Strange thing is I didn't know it was a ported subwoofer.

Neither did they, until I told of them of the 3" hole in the side of it!!! I'm not joking, there were bits of sub casing all over my floor when I emptied the box....you can stick several fingers into the inside of the sub!!!:mad:

So they're sending me another one, to arrive before 9.30am tomorrow:D

Even though it's damaged I still hooked it up and WOW. Bugger me.

I was sceptical of the hype over Servo subs, but I can safely say even with a hole in the side :)eek: ) it still blows away the 2 REL Storms I was running before.

Clean tight bass, although I did notice a little distortion (probably due to the hole!)......even so it was less distortion than with my RELs.

For anyone thinking about it, I STRONGLY recommend you try a servo sub.

Be it Velodyne CHT, HGS (yeah I wish;) ) or Paradigm.......get yourself an audition now people!!!!!!!

One other suggestion, REL subs are HIGHLY sought after on ebay. As many of you will know, I bought 2 Storms from THX for £600......one alone just went on ebay for £460!! Almost paid for my Servo 15!

All I can say is....roll on tomorrow when I get a pristine Servo 15!

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,197
    ;)

:D