1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servo 15 and the X-30 controller

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chris, Sep 9, 2003.

1. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I got no X-30 with my Servo and when reading through the post on here....some poeple got it and some never.
    It seems if you want the X-30, you will have to pay an extra £100.

NOT SO............

I went back to RS a couple of days after getting my servo and said.
    " Hello i brought a servo 15 the other day, but got no controller for it"
    RS Say " OH.....i told him to order one with it...we will sort it out"
    So a week or so later i now have an X-30 crossover....i was talking to the guys at RS and apparently, the X-30 is included in the price of the Servo15, but when they order the sub they have to place an order for a X-30 at the same time.

They do sell them for £100 if you want it as a seperate order, but because the other paradigums come with all the controls on them and the Servo has just the one.....then RS are nice enough to give you a X-30 to have control of it.
    It's just that, because the people that work in these shops dont have the experiance or knoledge of the Servo, most of them forget to order it with the servo.
    So all those people on here that brought a servo and never got there controller.....go back and see if you can get it.
    While i was there i was ganner order a PW2200, just for the fun of it and because of the price £260....but they have no more in the warehouse.....just a few scattered around the country on display in shops.
    He asked why dont i just buy another Servo.....i said, you aint got anymore left.....he checked on his computer and said....yes we have....its showing 30.....but when he looked more in to it, they were returned/repair jobs.......so i never bothered.

I like the Double shielded coax lead, they put in with the X-30.....that will come in useful.

2. franc

franc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi chris.

Nice one. If this is true, it really is the icing on the cake. Very impressive sub!

Which branch did you get your servo from?

regards FRANC

3. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I got mine from the Maidstone branch.
    They are very frendly in there.....and they like to help you as much as they can, once they realise you aint the normal joe public that would buy what ever they suggest.

I've also been to the Sevenoaks branch and they just seemed to be the get you in, get your money and get you out quick sort of staff.....although this was a few years ago, so there might be new people working there by now.

But Maidstone branch:smashin: :smashin:

4. franc

franc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi again.

Phoned the Watford branch this afternoon (got my servo from them) and was assured that the external crossover was an extra. I queried it and gave your example.

They took my details and after speaking to the services department, rang me back an informed me that it was not included with the sub but available seperatley. He added it was called the 'X10' and retailed for £100.

They were very good about getting the sub (about a week) but it really is a shame that obtaining the 'right' information is a matter of pot luck!

I am very happy with the servo and if anyone has a X30 that is redundent I would be more than happy to take it under my wing.

regards FRANC

5. Dougie Styles

Dougie Styles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    chris,

You are the third person on the forums to quote the PW2200 price as 260.00. As far as I know, only Mr Cheese has actually paid this price.
    I bought one on Monday at full price and have been quoted 350.00 by several different RS stores, aswell as their customer service dept.

If anyone else manages to get one for 260.00 please let me know.