Question Serviio 1.5.1 Update

EmmGee

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have been running Serviio with few problems for a couple of years to stream video to my Sony KDL40V580 (UK) TV. I updated to the latest version 1.5.1 of Serviio at the end of last week, just running the update over my previously installed version as per the instructions for Windows PC, but last night, when I tried to watch a movie with my kids, it wouldn't work.

I could access Serviio from the TV and drill down into the individual TV or Movie folders but every one of them just said "There are no items to display". I have refreshed my library but to no avail. The TV is showing up in the list of renderers with a green light and the same Generic DNLA profile that was working fine previously so all seems well.

Have rebooted my PC, switched the TV off and back on at the wall, nothing. Very frustrating so would be grateful for any advice.

What did they say on the serviio forum?

Best to ask on the Serviio forum but a quick check is what it detects your tv as ?

Sony 2010 I'm guessing....

In which case its an older set with limited format playback but serviio will transcode on the fly (make its on in serviio console) for your tv

Thanks - will try the Serviio forum.

I was using Serviio to transcode previously which worked fine.

Hi all. I have been using serviio for a few years now and have had no problems. I recently got a new pc and installed it but now whenever I pla mkv files they skip and stutter. What can I do to fix this??

1, Check the logs
2, Check the profile setting is correct
3, Are you using WiFi ? If yes, try a wired connection

FYI the best please is ask is the Serviio forum...

I also had problems with folders , I find Serviio 1.3.1 is the most stable for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom