Service These Days

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went into a high street camera store and asked for a filter system. The attendant took me outside and pointed me down the street to a Holland & Barretts... :rolleyes:

I went into a high street camera store and asked for a filter system. The attendant took me outside and pointed me down the street to a Holland & Barretts... :rolleyes:

:laugh:, seriously? sadly I can believe it. When I rang an LR dealer recently to enquire about supplying and fitting a rear differential to the car the girl quoted me £31.95:rolleyes:, should of took her up on it!

:laugh:, seriously? sadly I can believe it. When I rang an LR dealer recently to enquire about supplying and fitting a rear differential to the car the girl quoted me £31.95:rolleyes:, should of took her up on it!

Taken up her or her offer for £31.95??? :D

On his badge it said Mikey. I'm not sure if that meant it was his name or if he likes microphones. After he pointed me to said Health Store I explained that the filter system was for my camera. He asked me what did I want a filter system for my camera for and then said that the only filter he knows about for cameras are oov ( I'm thinking he meant UV) screw on filters that protect the lens from damage..

Last edited:
:laugh::laugh:, you gotta laugh:smashin:

:laugh:

ziplex, seriously though - a Lightroom dealer for car parts..?
Perhaps the £31.95 was for the student version? You should have taken her up on her offer for sure !!

On his badge it said Mikey. I'm not sure if that meant it was his name or if he likes microphones. After he pointed me to said Health Store I explained that the filter system was for my camera. He asked me what did I want a filter system for my camera for and then said that the only filter he knows about for cameras are oov ( I'm thinking he meant UV) screw on filters that protect the lens from damage..

...more like "taking the Mickey" :devil:

Jim

What store? Jessops?

Maybe the guy in Holland & Barretts is a photography filter expert......

went into jessops, asked for fast film, he pulls out a roll of iso 200 out from under the table.

i ask if hes got any faster

"sorry i do digital"

so i asked him if he has any film that had a higher ISO, a larger number on it and he just looked blank and repeated about only knowing digital.

i could see iso 400 film on the shelf behind the counter and they aparently stock 1600 but i just left and bought it on ebay.

went into jessops, asked for fast film, he pulls out a roll of iso 200 out from under the table.

i ask if hes got any faster

"sorry i do digital"

so i asked him if he has any film that had a higher ISO, a larger number on it and he just looked blank and repeated about only knowing digital.

i could see iso 400 film on the shelf behind the counter and they aparently stock 1600 but i just left and bought it on ebay.

weetsie - at least he didn't send you down the cinema.

But what about Mikey...

Well if it was Jessops then I'd expect them to know about filters, if however it was Currys Digital then I wouldn't. So it rather depends what you meant by high street camera shop.

Unfortunately, unlike the USA where service is paramount, we're at the mercy of those behind the counter where 'service' is dependent on whether or not the sales assistant can be bothered. If anyone reading this has never been to the USA, you'll have a whole new outlook on the shopping experience. The customer is King. Trust me. As men mainly don't shop per-se, I would bet that you'll have a whole new outlook after a bit of retail therapy stateside.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom