1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service screen on sony D50

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Greg Lancaster, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Greg Lancaster

Greg Lancaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi I've recently bought a sony D50 of ebay, being new to this game I did not know how important the remote control is. Most things can be set up without them. Has anyone any idea if I can get in to the service screens, with out the remote? has anybody out there in CRT-Land got a sony D50 remote, for sale? can any other remote be used.
    When I bought the Sony the chap had a Barco 801's that he belived to be broken, as it did'nt light the blue tube on start-up. I bought it, It works well and has 7800 hrs on it (the chap told me it had come out of Manchester uniteds board room), my viewing room is full of projector? I know it's subjective but which should I keep, any thoughts
    all the Best Greg

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Greg,

No, you don't need the remote, just tried it on the operator panel of my D50, just press ENTER, ENTER, UP, DOWN, ENTER. That will put you into Service Mode, then just push the MENU button to get the display up.

You occasionally see remotes on ebay, or you could try www.crtcinema.com
    they carry most stuff.

As far as which one to keep - I have been very happy with my D50, and although it's only a 7 incher, it is reasonably small and quiet and very bright and has an excellent picture.

I guess it's a case of trying them all out until you decide which is best

3. Greg Lancaster

Greg Lancaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks I'll try that, I was getting a bit depressed, thought I might of bought a pig in a poke! The size of the Sony has impressed me, how have you got yours set up. Hanging from the ceiling or position on the floor.

4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Greg,

On the ceiling and very good it is too.... If you're anywhere near London you're very welcome to have a look. :thumbsup:

I started with a 1252 and upgraded, by accident never been down the Barco route, although as a long time electronics design engineer I'm interested in any complex kit.. (very sad... :rolleyes: )

I have to say though that I have seen many posts for broken down Barco's but none for broken Sonys (although that may be due to numbers) :devil: