Service Pack 2 for Vista on hold

My wish list (I don't have TV pack, as it was purchased before it was released):-

All TV Pack features.
Blu-ray playability within media centre. <== I know I won't get this though :-(

Last edited:
this is now available to download as RC on connect The Build number is 6.0.6002.16659

My wish list (I don't have TV pack, as it was purchased before it was released):-

All TV Pack features.
Blu-ray playability within media centre. <== I know I won't get this though :-(

LOL you wont get any of those in SP2, you dont even get Blu-ray playability within media centre in windows 7

Windows Vista SP2 to be available within weeks

Good news :thumbsup:

The second Service Pack for Windows Vista should be available within a couple of weeks. DailyTech wrote today that Microsoft has delivered the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) Escrow build to Connect beta testers. Windows Vista SP2 will add Blu-ray recording, WiFi updates, and various bug fixes and tweaks.

The new service pack delivers many much anticipated features, along with numerous tweaks and bug fixes which should strengthen the Vista experience. Among the hottest additions in the new pack is the ability to record in Blu-Ray format for the first time in Windows. Other key additions include Bluetooth v2.1 connectivity, Windows Connect Now (WCN) Wi-Fi Configuration wireless functionality, faster Wi-Fi resume times after hibernation, Windows Search 4.0, and the ability to configure the maximum number of TCP connections.

The second Service Pack for Windows Vista should be available within a couple of weeks. DailyTech wrote today that Microsoft has delivered the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) Escrow build to Connect beta testers. Windows Vista SP2 will add Blu-ray recording, WiFi updates, and various bug fixes and tweaks.

The new service pack delivers many much anticipated features, along with numerous tweaks and bug fixes which should strengthen the Vista experience. Among the hottest additions in the new pack is the ability to record in Blu-Ray format for the first time in Windows. Other key additions include Bluetooth v2.1 connectivity, Windows Connect Now (WCN) Wi-Fi Configuration wireless functionality, faster Wi-Fi resume times after hibernation, Windows Search 4.0, and the ability to configure the maximum number of TCP connections.

So we can take screenshots of BD films now? Also I really hope SP2 makes the system more RAM and CPU efficient.

So we can take screenshots of BD films now? Also I really hope SP2 makes the system more RAM and CPU efficient.

What system specs have you got?

Yeah I downloaded the RTM-Escrow last night. This build will be RTM unless we find a massive bug. Lookin good :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom