service menu on a tosh 40WH08B

pmarb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how to get into the tosh service menu and adjust the level of the red gun ?- i just need to tweak mine down a notch or two - is the correct setting about 42? ,

cheers

this is from memory so i might be wrong

press mute on remote once

then press again and hold it down

while holding it down press the menu button under the flap on the set.

if you want to adjust the convergance properly press the yellow text button, this will bring up your convergance grid.

use the 3 button on remote to scroll through the R G and B guns

and use the

4 6

buttons to adjust the convrgance

you need to press button 5 to lock onto each section you want to adjust.

you should be able to get perfect convergance across the screen using this.

once you have got it correct press the yellow text button again to store it.

you will need to do this for each widescreen mode ie. 16:9, zoom, super zoom and 4:3 and for 50 and 60 Hz.

be careful when in the service menu that you dont press the number buttons before entering the convergance as they set some of he settings such as gain to max and will really mess your picture.

use the channel button to scroll through the settings till you get to Rgain or whatever it is called , will be obvious when you get there.

as i said this is from memory so i could be wrong but I think this is how you get in.

thanks for the info gislaroc- can anybody else confirm this please?, i was really after just adjusting the red colour down - i think std setting is 42?

I don't really think there is any "default" setting for any of the parameters in the service menu. It is as far as I know different from set to set. Designer menu seems to have default values though.

The parameters you want to look at are called RDRV and RCUT. RDRV is the parameter that determines the amount of red in white and bright images (Red Drive). RCUT is the parameter that determines the amount of red in grey and dark images.

If you find the tone of people’s skin a bit reddish or pinkish I would suggest lowering the RCUT.

Before doing anything in the servicemenu make sure you write down your defaults.

Good Luck!

thanks fjollon - just hoping someone might confirm the way of storing settings etc before i have a go - anyone? :)

Just a word of warning....i had a go at trying to find the 64 point convergance menu.There were faults with the picture that were bugging me.After an hour or so,last week, going through the various posts on here i thought i'd have a go.
The end result being .....my TV has been taken away,dont know when its coming back and i'm likely to be 150 quid lighter!!and to make things worse they've lent me a 21" JVC tv!! .
If you do have a go yourself,do not turn the tv off at any time during the process.This will store the settings at the time you turn it off.
To be honest,i shouldnt have touched it:blush: ...but if you know what you're doing i cant see any problems.Just be sure you know how to navigate the and scroll through the options.Wish i bloody did!!!:(

Originally posted by pmarb
thanks fjollon - just hoping someone might confirm the way of storing settings etc before i have a go - anyone? :)

Once you change (lower) the parameter, for example RCUT, you will see as you do it that the red is getting weaker. When you think you have it right you just turn your set off. Wait for 15 seconds and turn it back on again... Thats it!

Originally posted by damtom1
Just a word of warning....i had a go at trying to find the 64 point convergance menu.There were faults with the picture that were bugging me.After an hour or so,last week, going through the various posts on here i thought i'd have a go.
The end result being .....my TV has been taken away,dont know when its coming back and i'm likely to be 150 quid lighter!!and to make things worse they've lent me a 21" JVC tv!! .
If you do have a go yourself,do not turn the tv off at any time during the process.This will store the settings at the time you turn it off.
To be honest,i shouldnt have touched it:blush: ...but if you know what you're doing i cant see any problems.Just be sure you know how to navigate the and scroll through the options.Wish i bloody did!!!:(

Sounds weird. Once in the Service menu press yellow or (as I do) "7", and the grid or the convergence menu will show. If you go in to the convergence with "7" the way to save your changes is pressing "volume up".

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom