1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service menu for 40WH08B

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by raigraphixs, Oct 31, 2001.

1. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,248
    Hi,

Anyone know how to get into the service menu on the tosh 40 rp set?.

I just wanna look around, i know its bad for the health of the tv if it all goes pear shape.

rai

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Switch on TV.

Press Mute on remote.

Press Mute on remote and Menu on the TV's Front panel.

A small S will appear top left. You are in the Service Menu.

To leave turn off the TV.

Write down any value BEFORE you change it.

I have this in my "Original Tweakers Folder".

I have used it but not written it:

Sit in front the TV, you will need to be able to access keys on the remote and the TV at the same time. Turn the TV "ON"
    Press "MUTE" on the remote.
    Press "MUTE" on the remote again, but this time continue to press "MUTE".
    While still pressing down on "MUTE", press the "MENU" button on the TV front. Release the "MUTE" button. You should now have an S (for service mode) displayed in the upper right corner.
    Pressing MENU again should bring up the first service option
    Pressing the Channel Up/Down keys brings up the different service options. Pressing the Volume Up/Down keys changes the associated HEX value.
    One you have entered the service mode, you can bring up the various test screens by pressing the "TV/VIDEO" button. For example, to minimize screen non-linearities, press the channel down key until PARA appears on the screen, with the associated default value (this is the parabolic adjustment option).

Then, bring up the cross-hatch pattern by repeated pressing of the TV/VIDEO button. You can then use the volume Up/Down buttons to change the PARA settings, this should cause the grid to bow in (concave) and out (convex). Adjust until the grid is the most linear.

The numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 jump to different items. 9 displays SELF CHECK

The number 7 displays a grid. There's a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. The numbers 2,4,6,8 move the cursor. 3 cycles the colors (RGB), 5 stops the cursor from blinking, then when you push 2,4,6,8, you are adjusting the convergence at that point for the selected color. Pushing 7 again gives you a "warped" grid for a few moments. Pushing 7 again removes the grid from the screen.

If you're attempting to adjust color or geometry errors, you'll
    need the Video Essentials DVD, Laser Disc or some other source of test material.

You may be able to find additional information at msauve@altavista.net's Toshiba TP61H95 Service/Designer mode settings web page.

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will also find a significant amount of information on google under the uk.media.home-cinema newsgroup (search "toshiba service menu")

This will relate to UK models. Some will be for the other toshiba models but they all share the same service and designer menu codes (some have more, some less) although the values will differ. At least you will get a good bit of information.

4. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,248
    Hi,

re: 40who8b convergence

I want to thank you guys for taking the time out to reply, and for Jenz for all that typing!!.

I have a look at it all very soon.

cheers

rai

For anyone thinking of a tosh rp tv, the picture is fantastic.