Service menu cheap and easy solution

urichris

Evolve TV - URC 7115 | One For All | Global - £17.99 in PC World

Instructions - Access hidden service menus / modes - Openlgtv

First, program the remote to work with your TV;

Support | One For All | Global

Codes: For older remotes which uses 3 digit Extended Functional Codes (EFCs)

1. EZ-Adjust = 018
  2. IN-Start = 019
  3. POWER-ONLY = 014
  4. IN-Stop = 015 (factory reset)
For Newer remotes which uses 5 digit EFCs

1. EZ-Adjust = 00018
  2. IN-Start = 00019
  3. POWER-ONLY = 00014
  4. IN-Stop = 00015
Some remotes uses 2 digit EFC codes, so the numbers might exclude zero at the beginning: 18, 19, 14 or 15. Take a look at comparision chart to check which remote supports which codes.

Procedure
  1. Press the device key (TV, VCR, SAT, CD, AUD or DVD).
  2. Press and hold the MAGIC key until the device keys blinks twice (the device key will blink once then twice).
  3. Press 9 9 4. The device key will blink twice.
  4. Press the MAGIC key once.
  5. Enter the 3-digit (or 5-digit) EFC code (see above)
  6. Press the key to which the function will be assigned. The device key will blink twice.

"Magic" button can be named as "P", "S", "Setup" or on some remotes there's need to simultaneously press and hold "REW" and "FFWD" buttons as "Magic" button.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful codes.

Password - 0000 or 0413 (USE YOUR ACTUAL LGTV REMOTE TO ENTER!)
USA Country code - 1793
UK Country code - 3122

Obviously be careful messing around in the service menu as you may brick your TV. I take no responsibility for careless actions. You will however, be able to open up options for your TV you wouldn't normally get. From apps to services.

I havent yet reverted back, but I believe the apps you install under a different country code, will remain, and will play. I will test further and update the thread. Meanwhile, if you come across more useful codes, them feel free to share them.

I added FandangoNow, Hulu and Vudu for now. All 3 are working and FandangoNow on LG means UHD HDR playback (if you have it of course) and improved sound quality as far as I can tell (if you have it of course). It will also link to a Ultraviolet account, as will VUDU.

Mods, if you feel this is better in another forum, then move it. If thats not possible, please allow me to copy the thread and place it in the appropriate forum before removing. I am sure it will help some people out, the forum pops up numerous times when searching for information about accessing the service menu.

Yappa

Attachments

• 90111.png
    90111.png
    533.7 KB · Views: 3,756
  • service menu instructions.png
    service menu instructions.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 3,038

urichris

What are some of the more useful settings you can see/change in the service menu?

For me, the apps. Behind a VPN router Netflix US work like a charm (IP Vanish NYC server if anyones interested). Other apps include FandangoNow, VUDU, HULU etc.

These apps remain and work when you revert back to your local area.

Theres more but its worth looking into it. I just wanted FandangoNow as its the UHD edition on LG 2015 and newer TV's. It was cheaper than importing a Roku4.

Theres much more you can do, but I havent even started down that road yet. Maybe when I upgrade to a new TV next year, I will use it for testing. For now, enjoy the apps and access to the elusive service menu.

Yappa

Why do you need the service menu when using a VPN router (DD WRT?)?
As for me, I'm only using the service menu in order to check the operation hours and compensation cycle counters. The operation hours counter can actually be accessed in normal the webOS menu of the US models. Only LG knows why the rest of the world doesn't get that luxury.

urichris

Why do you need the service menu when using a VPN router (DD WRT?)?
As for me, I'm only using the service menu in order to check the operation hours and compensation cycle counters. The operation hours counter can actually be accessed in normal the webOS menu of the US models. Only LG knows why the rest of the world doesn't get that luxury.

You need to change region in order to get those apps. You can't sideload or get them any other way. The LG app store is linked to your TV service region, so access to the service menu allows for that.

Yappa

I see, so the VPN alone is not enough.
btw. as I'm currently looking for a VPN service that also supports Netflix US, do you have a recommendation for me? Was using PIA and very happy with the speeds, but unfortunately no Netflix US support, so I'm about to start up a NordVPN trial and am also thinking about ExpressVPN.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
I've recently purchased a plan with ExpressVPN, very happy. Cheaper options out there, but customer service is one area I prefer to pay more for, and their feedback was quite positive.

urichris

I see, so the VPN alone is not enough.
btw. as I'm currently looking for a VPN service that also supports Netflix US, do you have a recommendation for me? Was using PIA and very happy with the speeds, but unfortunately no Netflix US support, so I'm about to start up a NordVPN trial and am also thinking about ExpressVPN.

I set up up my ddwrt router with IPVanish and set location to New York. Works with Netflix for now but no guarantee it will last of course.

Yappa

That sounds annoying. I had hoped that just enabling/disabling the VPN is enough to get the specific Netflix region working you want without having to mess around in the service menu every time.

Last edited:

urichris

That sounds annoying. I had hoped that just enabling/disabling is enough to get the specific Netflix region working you want without having to mess around in the service menu every time.

Once its one, you can revert back (if you wish) to your home region and the apps will still work. So aslong as the VPN is connected to whichever country you want the Netflix catalogue of, you will be able to watch.

Yappa

So I enable the US VPN, switch to US in the service menu, boot up Netflix US once for a few secs, leave the Netflix app and this while still being in the service menu and can then go back to Europe region? Now I can start the Netflix app again and the US catalogue will still be displayed as long as the VPN is still enabled?

EDIT:

Oh, wait, misunderstanding on my part.
So I only need to change the region once, switch back to Europe and that's it?

urichris

So I enable the US VPN, switch to US in the service menu, boot up Netflix US once for a few secs, leave the Netflix app and this while still being in the service menu and can then go back to Europe region? Now I can start the Netflix app again and the US catalogue will still be displayed as long as the VPN is still enabled?

EDIT:

Oh, wait, misunderstanding on my part.
So I only need to change the region once, switch back to Europe and that's it?

Yes

urichris

I bought one of these for this purpose, at about half the price of the remote you linked.

Paul

Another good shout. I wanted a quick solution so nipped to PC world. Had I had time to wait (had to go back to work) then I would have ordered it online and saved a few quid too.

All these options are far cheaper than the harmony remote option though.

Keep it coming in regards to remotes that also work though, it helps to know what other options people have.

Geesus

Distinguished Member
Any idea why my UK model TV has an area code of 3123 and not 3122? Also it should be noted that changing the region resets all your picture settings.

Mr_Grinch

Any idea why my UK model TV has an area code of 3123 and not 3122? Also it should be noted that changing the region resets all your picture settings.

Mine did too.

For what it's worth if you've an argos nearby and need another remote alternative, I picked up this one for £14.99:

Buy One For All Essence 2-Way Universal Remote Control at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for TV remote controls, Televisions and accessories, Technology.

Worked fine with the above instructions, Vudu and Hulu now installed :)

Kimberson

Distinguished Member
Hi,
Anyone got a guide on how to use Vudu on the LG tvs. I had a play around last night using unblocker. I changed the tv to USA downloaded Vudu. Then I set it back to UK. I set up a Vudu account and PayPal. Bought a film. Was working fine last night in Dolby Vision and thought hey that was easy. Got home tonight and clicked on Vudu & Hulu and it said the operater no longer supports this app and deleted them. So I've obviously missed something. I thought once you download the apps you can switch back to UK with no probs.

jonspurs

Hi,
Please could you service menu people do us favour? I know there's an AV sync adjustment in there. Have you tried adjusting that so Netflix and Youtube are in sync?
Thanks,
Jon

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Ok I'm looking to install vudu on my e6 but there's a few ambiguities I just want some clarification on. Do you need to go into the ez-adjust or in-start menu to do it and when/where do you enter the usa country code? Also I can't have a vpn on my router or a smart dns, can you install vudu just by changing the country without using a vpn / smart dns? If not and I can't get put a vpn on my router (sky q hub) do I have any other options?

Yappa

Not sure about installing the app, but AFAIK it won't work without any VPN or similar.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Not sure about installing the app, but AFAIK it won't work without any VPN or similar.
As long as i can install the app without a vpn I assume i can enter the getflix dns settings on the tv on order to use vudu in a similar way to what I'm doing on the ATV.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom